Zadar, Croatia -- As We Tender Off the Ship (NCL Star) Will We Need To Get Transportation Into Old Zadar?

The subject is my question.  And the reason I'm asking is because if the distance is consderable, we will probably arrange one of the tuk-tuk tours through the ship.  If we are tendered off into Old Town, we will probably just see the city on our own.  Thanks.

Are you quite certain you will tender as i think that might be a little unusual?  Is Zadar indicated in any way (either with a little anchor or with the words tender or tender port) on your itinerary or on any other documentation you might already have from when you booked?

37 minutes ago, edinburgher said:

Are you quite certain you will tender as i think that might be a little unusual?  Is Zadar indicated in any way (either with a little anchor or with the words tender or tender port) on your itinerary or on any other documentation you might already have from when you booked?

The current itinerary that I copied and pasted off the reservation ... lists it as a tender.  I do hope that you are right ... but if that's the case, we still will need to know if we need some form of transportation into Old Zadar.

Our full set of available excursions has yet to be posted.  They've only given us 37 options for 15 days up to this point ... most of them not really the ones that a person would be looking for.  I'm sure there's a valid reason for the delay.  (A whole host of excursions is listed through the main NCL website, but we can ony purchase from these 37 listed ones at this time).  I've called NCL ... only to be told that more will come.  

We don't have special plans for Zadar, but we do want to see the highlights that they have.

Agree. As a general rule, tenders will often use a spot which is very central, often more centrally located than some docks/piers.

Some smaller ships used to dock very close to the Sea Organ almost in the heart of the town.

Ours was larger, as is yours, and we docked outside of town in a more industrial area, a 15 or so minutes shuttle bus ride from town. The shuttle bus drop of/pick up point was only a few metres walk from the  Sea Organ, as marazul said, where the smaller ships dock (or used to).

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1