Holiday Inn Express in Ft. L. Opinions?

craftinmom

I've been looking into a hotel in Fort Lauderdale for pre and post cruise in June. We originally found the Best Western Marina and my TA was going to book it when she was told it was to be torn down in May!!! :( After searching around myself I came across the Holiday Inn Express-Ft. Lauderdale/Convention Center on the 17th Street Causeway. Does anyone know this hotel? I've been quoted a rate of 129.00 per night.

I stayed at this hotel 2 days pre-cruise and 1 day post cruise in Jan. it is an excellant hotel. Lots of restaurants within walking distance plus shopping centers. Close to water taxi. Excellant complementary breakfast - cold cereal, toast coffee etc, (no hot food) .

I would suggest that you book it. We are staying there in May and our decision to stay there was that this board said that it had high marks. Good hotel, good location, near to port.

Marilyn

We stayed there in January. Hotel shuttle picked us up at the airport. They no longer offer shuttle to the port but arranged shuttle service for us. $6.00 each.

They have coffee/tea 24/7 and serve a continental breakfast.

It's not a fancy hotel but for 1-2 nights pre-cruise it's well situated.

There's some good restaurants nearby, a very large and very nice Publix and several liquor stores.

In fact when we stood in the Publix parking lot, we could see a partial view of the ship.

Spent the night at HIEX 0n 12/26/05. When we got up the next morning there were two semi's unloading new box springs and matresses . We found the hotel very clean and good location.

Did take about 40 minutes for them to pick us up at the airport when we called.

It was easier to just have a taxi take you to your cruise ship.

Archived