Inept Customer Service!

clemsonlori98

ALm5wu1NUJhoUfsojsozF6RhRdf8_svTzSt9jLyj_Koi3YM=s40-p
Long story short, my family had the April 9, 2023 MSC Seaside cruise booked since May 2022.    Just a couple of weeks ago I got an official email from MSC stating the cruise had been cancelled and my options were: #1 Move YC deposit to a new sailing or #2 Get a full refund of YC deposit.    
My TA is having a hell of a time with MSC.  They first argued that the sailing was NOT cancelled and then they admitted it was.   Then they refuse to transfer the deposit to the held cabin because they want to charge more money for the cabin.   I am Gold Voyager Club and my DH is Diamond.  They refuse also to refund my deposit.   This is ridiculous.   
Of our past 2 MSC YC cruises, our TA has had no issues with booking for us.     I guess this time they are making up for it in their complete ineptitude.   Just had to vent!  

36 minutes ago, clemsonlori98 said:
Long story short, my family had the April 9, 2023 MSC Seaside cruise booked since May 2022.    Just a couple of weeks ago I got an official email from MSC stating the cruise had been cancelled and my options were: #1 Move YC deposit to a new sailing or #2 Get a full refund of YC deposit.    
My TA is having a hell of a time with MSC.  They first argued that the sailing was NOT cancelled and then they admitted it was.   Then they refuse to transfer the deposit to the held cabin because they want to charge more money for the cabin.   I am Gold Voyager Club and my DH is Diamond.  They refuse also to refund my deposit.   This is ridiculous.   
Of our past 2 MSC YC cruises, our TA has had no issues with booking for us.     I guess this time they are making up for it in their complete ineptitude.   Just had to vent!  

This experiences are what is scary and stressful about booking with MSC…

Ivi

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JT1962 said:

MSC Shoreside Customer Service is terrible. The onboard experience is excellent.

I finally agree with this assessment!!  We were a Disney cruise family but MSC YC has become our go to cruise over the past 3 plus years.   

• Like 1

18 hours ago, clemsonlori98 said:
Long story short, my family had the April 9, 2023 MSC Seaside cruise booked since May 2022.    Just a couple of weeks ago I got an official email from MSC stating the cruise had been cancelled 

Any notice of why it had been cancelled?  We were looking at the same date & sailing previously.

14 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Any notice of why it had been cancelled?  We were looking at the same date & sailing previously.

All the email mentioned was "necessary operational reasons".   Looks like the cruise after ours was cancelled also.  And the crazy thing is you can still book my cancelled cruise on the MSC website.  That makes no sense to me.  😒

I called directly a couple of days ago to book two YC cabins for 2024 and the agent literally yawned in the middle of our conversation. A full-on yawn. Made me feel real special.

Asking for more money for the same room after THEY cancelled your cruise is unacceptable. I hope you can get that resolved.

Edited by CTRobin
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CTRobin said:

I called directly a couple of days ago to book two YC cabins for 2024 and the agent literally yawned in the middle of our conversation. A full-on yawn. Made me feel real special.

Asking for more money for the same room after THEY cancelled your cruise is unacceptable. I hope you can get that resolved.

And to pour salt on the wound, it looks like instead of my so called cancelled 7 night cruise ending up at Port Canaveral it is now a 6 day cruise ending in Fort de France, Martinique.   

3 minutes ago, clemsonlori98 said:

And to pour salt on the wound, it looks like instead of my so called cancelled 7 night cruise ending up at Port Canaveral it is now a 6 day cruise ending in Fort de France, Martinique.   

Details, details. 🤣
I'm booked for May 2023. Now I'm scared. I'm on the Meraviglia though.

Edited by CTRobin
  • Like 1