Princess AUD drink menus? Drink package comparison

Hi, I don't have any menus, but we cruised princess a couple of months back. We paid $40 pp back then, but found that it was worth it then, and the current price is pretty good. As with everything, it comes down to your drinking habits, but if you are going to have a few decent coffees, and 4, or more, spirit / cocktail drinks, or 6, or more, beers then you will come out ahead. then you through in the odd soft drink or fruit juice...........

And then you get the internet, which was actually pretty good cruising the Oz coast. We were able to do all basic email / web type options. We didn't try streaming anything though, but we did make audio calls.

The princess plus package is bottom shelf drinks, but there is a decent range for beers and spirits, the wines are good - but you don't get a great choice.

This was something we reviewed when we looked at the package, hope it helps, enjoy your trip!

Coffee, bottled water, up to 15 alcoholic drinks, and internet. It is absolutely worth it, unless you are a wine by the bottle drinker.

All the other lines are charging at least double for their drink package alone.

As an indicator - beer's around $5, Spirits & wine by the glass $12+, cocktails $12 -16. Coffees around $5.

The plus package caps at $16 per drink. If you like an $18 cocktail, you pay $2 for it.

7 hours ago, LuckiePuris said:

Hi there, I’m hoping to please track down some recent drink menus in AUD if anyone has any?

We can upgrade to Princess Plus for $50 pp per day which includes drink package and internet, and just trying to work out if worthwhile. Thank you!

Nothing to work out ,definitely worthwhile .

6 hours ago, carlandlyn said:

Hi, I don't have any menus, but we cruised princess a couple of months back. We paid $40 pp back then, but found that it was worth it then, and the current price is pretty good. As with everything, it comes down to your drinking habits, but if you are going to have a few decent coffees, and 4, or more, spirit / cocktail drinks, or 6, or more, beers then you will come out ahead. then you through in the odd soft drink or fruit juice...........

And then you get the internet, which was actually pretty good cruising the Oz coast. We were able to do all basic email / web type options. We didn't try streaming anything though, but we did make audio calls.

The princess plus package is bottom shelf drinks, but there is a decent range for beers and spirits, the wines are good - but you don't get a great choice.

This was something we reviewed when we looked at the package, hope it helps, enjoy your trip!

Thank you very much! We don’t play on drinking a lot on this trip as it’s a cooler itinerary but am thinking it may be worth it when we consider the cost of specialty coffees, waters, non alcoholic drinks too

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

Coffee, bottled water, up to 15 alcoholic drinks, and internet. It is absolutely worth it, unless you are a wine by the bottle drinker.

All the other lines are charging at least double for their drink package alone.

As an indicator - beer's around $5, Spirits & wine by the glass $12+, cocktails $12 -16. Coffees around $5.

The plus package caps at $16 per drink. If you like an $18 cocktail, you pay $2 for it.

Thanks Geoff for the feedback! I’ve noticed you’ve cruised recently.

How did you find the per the glass wine selection under $16 taste and value wise?

Thanks

Re the wine selection by the glass on the Plus Package: we've sailed twice on Coral recently and like most other posters on this forum we found the wine selection and quality very disappointing. One bubbles and a few whites plus 4 reds. We drink red usually and the quality is akin to what you'd expect from a $6 bottle at home. Nothing special at all. We found the Masterpiece Merlot the best even though we usually don't choose Merlot. You can of course select a more expensive wine and pay the difference over your $16 limit. We tried this last cruise and will explore this option more next cruise.  Geoff is currently on Majestic so keen to hear if Vines has an expanded range of wines by the glass.

2 hours ago, LuckiePuris said:

Thanks Geoff for the feedback! I’ve noticed you’ve cruised recently.

How did you find the per the glass wine selection under $16 taste and value wise?

Thanks

Hi Luckie,

Very recently 😉

My wife likes the occasional glass, and is happy enough with the limited range. I rarely drink wine on a cruise, apart from toasting bubbles.

For both of us cruising, it is largely cocktails and spirits.

On 10/21/2022 at 7:37 AM, arxcards said:

Hi Luckie,

Very recently 😉

My wife likes the occasional glass, and is happy enough with the limited range. I rarely drink wine on a cruise, apart from toasting bubbles.

For both of us cruising, it is largely cocktails and spirits.

Thanks for the feedback! Hope you had a fantastic time!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BuzzBuzzen said:

I remember a Luckie Puris from years ago , are you the same one ? I know it says joined 2007 , just curious. Cheers, Buzz.

Hey Buzz sure is! Have been doing some non cruising travel in between but back now and looking at a couple of cruises 🙂

• Like 1