good Mofongo near Marriott San Juan Resort??

laceyjane

Tostones are fried green plantains and mofongo is mashed boiled green plantain with garlic and spices, sometimes stuffed with seafood, shrimp, or meat. Paella is a seafood and rice dish. Plantain is a fruit that looks similar to a banana and is a staple of Caribbean cooking. Try it!!

I had great Mofongos at a place in Condado. It is on the corner, down the street from the Coral Princess Inn. I think the name was Cafe Brasil, or something similar to that. I am still try to find the exact name and location for you.

I had great Mofongos at a place in Condado. It is on the corner, down the street from the Coral Princess Inn. I think the name was Cafe Brasil, or something similar to that. I am still try to find the exact name and location for you.

Ok....I was way off. I think the name of the restaurant is Ramiro's. It is actually very nearly next door to the San Juan Marriot resort. If my memory serves (this was a little over a year ago I was there) a meal was somewhere in the mid $20 to mid $30 range.

You might check the menu just to be sure, but I think that was the place. Sorry for the less than exact answer!!

• 4 weeks later...

Back from our trip and the food, prices, and service at Cafe del Angel were all FABULOUS!! We ate there twice we loved it so much. It is a local place nothing fancy but clean with authentic puerto rican food that was just wonderful.

Thank you so much for recomending cafe del Angel their excellent food and very reasonable prices were a highlight of our 2 pre-cruise. days. Mofongo with grouper was great and the grouper with caper sauce was great.

Archived