Pizza on Zuiderdam?

Reds4life

On 10/21/2022 at 4:11 PM, KroozNut said:

Zuiderdam does not have the NY Pizza/Deli venue, which is where HAL's best pizza (in our opinion) comes from.

But pizza is usually available in the Lido buffet area, and it's okay. Not even close to NY Pizza/Deli, but just okay.

I am surprised that it is only available in the Lido (same as Zaandam). I was on the old, small Rotterdam in the fall of 2019 and there was a pizza bar outside on the back of the ship where the Sea View pool was.  My recollection is that it was a New York Pizza place. It was good pizza and you could customize it unlike the pizza in the Lido. 

2 hours ago, love_the_sea said:

I am surprised that it is only available in the Lido (same as Zaandam). I was on the old, small Rotterdam in the fall of 2019 and there was a pizza bar outside on the back of the ship where the Sea View pool was.  My recollection is that it was a New York Pizza place. It was good pizza and you could customize it unlike the pizza in the Lido. 

The former (no longer in service) Rotterdam did have the New York Pizza venue, so you are right in your recollection of having it on that ship.

Only 5 ships currently in service have this dining venue: Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam and (the new) Rotterdam. 

• Like 1

The Lido market pizza leaves much to be desired IMHO. Tried it on my first HAL cruise in 2008 and never repeated that mistake again. Dried out from sitting all day under a warmer and flavorless. Years later and it still looks the exact same. The dedicated pizzerias are a welcomed upgrade and actual quality pizza.

12 hours ago, PACD_JG said:

Why are people arguing over something that is free?  I mean, if it's a specialty restaurant with an upcharge, then discuss.  But again, it's free...if you don't like it, try something else.

sex is like pizza.....  Even if its bad it's still pretty good!

We have all paid for those "free" pizzas in our cruise fares!  New York Pizza on Nieuw Amsterdam is pretty good if you get extra cheese on it.  😐

• Like 3