Independent Normandy tours Cherborg

Laine*

We have done the tour and really enjoyed it.  However...we did it as a ship excursion...not private.  Normandy is a long ways from the port and no matter how many "guarantees" a private company gives you the ship still will not wait for you if you get back from a private tour late.  Before anybody jumps in and criticizes me for "wasting" money and sharing the fact that it is very likely run by the very same tour company, I have very often done private tours...just those that don't stray very far from the ship/port.  Some people thrive on "adventure"...I prefer a bit more security! 😄

I just booked the Regal  British Isles cruise in May and the ship's tour from LeHave to the Normandy Beaches is already sold out and there is no wait list, sigh. 

I had read about an independent tour operator Overlord Tours on our roll call and also on a cruise  cruise member review , so I plan to book a the 9B tour.

Here is the link https://www.overlordtour.com/product/tours-from-cruise-ports-9b/

11 minutes ago, Samkitty1 said:

I just booked the Regal  British Isles cruise in May and the ship's tour from LeHave to the Normandy Beaches is already sold out and there is no wait list, sigh. 

I had read about an independent tour operator Overlord Tours on our roll call and also on a cruise  cruise member review , so I plan to book a the 9B tour.

Here is the link https://www.overlordtour.com/product/tours-from-cruise-ports-9b/

I am booked on a cruise that goes to Cherbourg and the Normandy tours were also full when I booked also.

There are several independent tours going on our roll call also.

I believe this is the OP roll call. You may want to post here if anyone has availability.

This is the company that I am using with some individuals from my roll call:

https://alliedvictorytours.com/american-d-day-tour-from-cherbourg-cruise-port/ 

Edited by Coral

In 2018 we used Spearhead Tours.  I do not know if they are still in business, but we did everything that Overlord Tours did.  The notebooks the guides used were the same.  I think our guide had trained with Overlord Tours.  I would recommend them.  Very enjoyable day, and we did not worry about missing the ship.

Thursday, August 16, 2018 – Le Harvre, France

Beaches of Normandy Spearhead Tours

Our tour left at 8 am.  There was a mini-van with 3 couples.  We had enough room.

We visited the American Cemetery, Omaha Beach, Utah Beach, and a couple of churches.  We had lunch at a café Le Roosevelt at Utah Beach.  Our guide and driver Florin had good commentary and stories.  He had a book with pictures of events.

We were not able to visit the museums and no shopping time.  There was a long ride back to the ship, arriving about 5 pm.