Cova Cafe on the Zenith

pepelapew

Has anyone had or know if they serve Iced Coffee on the ship? Not talking about hot coffee with ice. I am talking about coffee that has been chilled, ice added, sugar & cream or milk to taste. Walla Iced Coffee!

Thanks a bunch :)

I am interested in that too. I was on the Zenith in December and got the feeling that the Cova was more of an expresso bar. If they have iced coffee, I would order it. I just had not thought about it before. :)

It was on the menu but as my cruise was cool-it barely reached 65-70 on my cruise-Feb. 11-16, I did not have it. I had cappacinos and lattes-and that was my FAV spot as you could tell when we got out bill-cova cafe... cova cafe... cova cafe...

I do like good iced coffees and I drink them a lot in the summer-I am a coffee lover. Has anyone took a summer Bermuda cruise on the Zenith? I guess maybe some of you could tell us how good the iced coffee is?

The cappacinos and lattes were great though.

I didn't realize that there was a charge for coffee in the Cova Cafe. Are you charged for a regular cup of coffee? or just the specialties coffees? I wonder do they charge you for Iced Coffee? My Aunt who will be joining us this October on the Zenith is a huge Iced Coffee fan & I cannot picture her going a whole week without it..... LOL it's like a fix. :)

The local Dunkin Donuts see's her face at least 3-4 times a week..

Thanks for all your input. I love these boards. So much information on just about anything. I guess that's why I am here whether I have a cruise booked or not.

Debbie In RI

I didn't realize that there was a charge for coffee in the Cova Cafe. Are you charged for a regular cup of coffee? or just the specialties coffees? I wonder do they charge you for Iced Coffee? My Aunt who will be joining us this October on the Zenith is a huge Iced Coffee fan & I cannot picture her going a whole week without it..... LOL it's like a fix. :)

The local Dunkin Donuts see's her face at least 3-4 times a week..

Thanks for all your input. I love these boards. So much information on just about anything. I guess that's why I am here whether I have a cruise booked or not.

Debbie In RI

I do not even think they served just coffee there-all cappacinos, latte's, mocha's, hot choclate etc. You could also order teas there-they were like $2-plus this is a lounge not a coffee shop (not like the HAL thing) so you could order alcoholic drinks and ofcourse coffee drinks with liqeuors.

But you can have all the coffee you want at no extra charge up in the windsurf cafe-deck 11 close to the pool area. Ice cream is up there too.

What was nice about the Cova Cafe is they had a quartet that played there every afternoon before dinner and most nights later in the evening for at least an hour or so.

Has anyone had or know if they serve Iced Coffee on the ship? Not talking about hot coffee with ice. I am talking about coffee that has been chilled, ice added, sugar & cream or milk to taste. Walla Iced Coffee!

Cova does have iced Cappuccino and other iced coffee drinks. But they might make it by pouring over ice. I've seen it done this way in coffee shops - rather than having coffee that has been pre-chilled (except for the real sugary ones like the Starbucks specialty drinks that are more like desserts). I like ice coffee done this way and will often make my own ice coffee on-board in the cafe/buffet, pool, or aqua-spa area by taking a glass and filling it with ice, then filling it with normal coffee and adding sweetener and milk.

There is a Cova menu on several postings, including the second posting in this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=302701&highlight=cova+menu

I'm not sure if

I don't recall what it was called, by my friend had a frothy, creamy coffee drink at Cova, which is what I think you might be talking about -- almost a milkshaky thing. Even though it costs a little extra for coffee treats at Cova, it was one of our favorite places on both Zenith and Century. And even though I like Century better overall and the Cova on Century is a little glitzier, I prefer Cova on Zenith. It's cozier and more removed from gereral foot traffic.

Get an Iced Espresso. When the hot coffee hits the ice, it will melt a bit, watering it down to a regular coffee strength. i am a Dunkin's freak, and every time i get dragged into a specialty coffee shop, this is what i have to do for my regular iced coffee. It is never totally Dunk's, but it's the closes concocsion i have been able to come up with......

What was nice about the Cova Cafe is they had a quartet that played there every afternoon before dinner and most nights later in the evening for at least an hour or so.

I need to correct myself. It was a trio and not a quartet.

Right, momogmeg, and what a great sound they had! "Alandre (something or other) Trio. You can get "American Coffee" in the Cova. My friends thought it was very good but I thought it was too strong. The Cova is very cozy. We spent a nice hour there, chatting with Staff Captain Livanios. If you get a chance to met him do. He is charming. All you "Sweet young things" would find him extra charming. (He is single.)

Archived