Ship Nanny -- Whadda Think?

capecruzer

I keep reading the concerns others have about bringing their small children aboard and think...

Hey, I'll come with you, take care of your children when you need me, and we'll all be happy! You can even stick me in an inside with them so you have privacy.

The more I think about it, the more I think it could work. I could get a couple days at the beach, 7 days of eating great, a few with kids, hopefully one or two without, fun at the pool, and a couple of early nights to bed... what a vacation!

So, I'll sleep on it but don't be surprised if you start seeing advertisements for the the new "CRUISING NANNY".

Brenda

I've seen people bring their nanny's on a cruise, it's not a new idea. It just costs money. As you stated, they stay w/ the kids in a separate cabin so parents can have privacy. Then of course, they give the nanny some time off for herself to enjoy the cruise as well.

I have friend's who always take the kid's nanny on vacation with them, whether it's a cruise or a resort. Works out well for everyone!

Good luck!

a 1 week au pair - a GREAT IDEA!

My aunt and uncle were moving from Michigan to Brussels Belgium when they offered me the opportunitiy to sail with them on the France and spend the summer in Europe with them. For a free trip, all I had to agree to was to be an au pair for my five cousins aged 5 to 12.

We got along great. My Aunt and Uncle had late dining and us "kids" (I had just graduated from High School) had early dining. I had time to myself, but by and large I was responsible for the kids. After landing in La Harve, we traveled to Brussels. I also got to Holland, England, and Denmark before heading home for college.

Thanks for your replies/comments and Cotton, you'd be surprised to hear my age...

I'll have to wait a couple of years for my children to be "done with me" lol, but I can't think of a better way to spend my pre-retirement days. I always brought a playmate (usually older cousin etc) to keep my kids company when I wanted "adult" time on vacation and FWIW both my kids and myself wouldn't want it any other way. I have no guilt about the amount of time I spend with my kids and they have no guilt about not wanting to be with me 24/7.:D

So, look out for the CRUISING NANNY.

Brenda

Archived