Paying Onboard

gerryuk

When you board the ship, you are required to link your credit / debit card with your room key. I noticed on my last cruise that some customers were doing this with cash through machines, instead of using credit cards. Does anybody know if you can do a mixture of both? So, i put 500euros in cash through the machine and also my credit card details, when the cash runs out will it automatically then charge my credit card, or can you only use one method of payment? Thanks.

I deposit enough cash for HSC, I get premium cabins with a drink package so that's not a factor. I only use my OBC for laundry, trinkets ans chocolate bars. The HSC/cash is posted daily, OBC not til the end of the cruise, but unless I get a laundry/chocolate frenzy, I usually get away without registering a card, sometimes I have to put an extra 10 or 20 Euros on my account but I get it refunded at the end.

I had previously read on the board that people did prepay an amount to their account but then had problems with the amount actually showing. I would really like to do a prepayment for my excursions to not have to go online into my bank-account on the cruise to make payments on my credit card. What are your thoughts on that?