Mereviglia YC Duplex Suite opinions

jcathers1

We are considering the YC Duplex Suite w/Whirlpool on the Mereviglia. There are four of us (myself, wife, and two teen daughters). For those that have sailed in these cabins, thoughts/opinions? 

Are the cabins on decks 9 and 12 the same size? Any pros/cons to being on one deck or another?

The graphic makes it appear that 12001 and 12004 are smaller than the other deck 12 cabins. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2015 we stayed in one of these on deck 12 (used be Aurea suites then) also as a family with two teenage daughters. I´d say take it: very suitable for a family of four, nothing is better than having two bathrooms...

Sofa bed can be converted daily by the butler if you want it, and even if not (due to long-sleeping teenagers), you still have a proper table to sit at.

With duplex suites belonging to YC now I would choose deck 12 to be nearer to Top Sail Lounge. Also on deck 9 it may get noisy when the ship is docking.

I think these cabins itself all have the same size, balconies may differ a bit.

We booked one for an October 2023 cruise (NE & Canada), so I'm following this with interest. We were going to book deck 9, but decided on 12 because it seemed like it might be a little more quiet, and also liked the idea of the bridge being directly above us rather than another balcony where we might end up with noisy neighbors above. I mean, side neighbors could be noisy, too, but at least deck 12 eliminates one direction.