New “complimentary upgrade” notice on my confirmation

MagnoliaBlossom

I have a reservation on the BA for February 2023.  I booked an inside cabin and upgraded to a balcony using WP from BOA.

i made final payment yesterday and received my confirmation.   While making sure all the details were correct I noticed the following toward the bottom ( but above all the fine print) which said something like “In an effort to you with the best Freeztyle experience we have given you a complimentary upgrade to cabin #####.”    There was also a code at the upper left which showed WPUPGR4, which is the code for Wprld Points upgrade.   

im perplexed at how they think my upgrade was complimentary when I paid for that upgrade with points.  The cabin number they show is the one I selected when I upgraded.   It’s no biggy, but I thought it curious.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I have a reservation on the BA for February 2023.  I booked an inside cabin and upgraded to a balcony using WP from BOA.

i made final payment yesterday and received my confirmation.   While making sure all the details were correct I noticed the following toward the bottom ( but above all the fine print) which said something like “In an effort to you with the best Freeztyle experience we have given you a complimentary upgrade to cabin #####.”    There was also a code at the upper left which showed WPUPGR4, which is the code for Wprld Points upgrade.   

im perplexed at how they think my upgrade was complimentary when I paid for that upgrade with points.  The cabin number they show is the one I selected when I upgraded.   It’s no biggy, but I thought it curious.

Ignorance.  A lot of people consider points to be "free" or some kind of bonus.  The fact that you can actually buy points is foreign to many people.  Whomever specified that field is likely such a person.  It should have said "You have received a World Points upgrade to cabin #####".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

It's always been like that. I have seen it for years. It was on my Spirit cruise last 2 weeks and on my upcoming Encore sailing tomorrow.

The reason is for perks.

You get the perks you bought with your original booking.

With a complementary upgrade you don't.

Next reason is insurance. If you need to file a claim, it's based of original booking. Otherwise if you bought NCL insurance,they would charge you more.

I booked a sail away guaranteed inside cabin. When my cabin was assigned, they told me they upgraded the inside cabin type. LOL, my UPGRADE was above the Bliss Lounge.

Never again, Norwegian.

Edited by roomba920