How is the thermal spa on Meraviglia?

smokeykat

On 11/13/2022 at 10:56 PM, greg_atlanta said:

I did the $130 pass for the week and generally pleased, but would not pay more than that on a future cruise.  There are no windows so it feels a little claustrophobic.

It was irritating checking in for the first time since they don't have an electronic record of you purchasing the package in advance.  I had to pull up the pdf booking doc and show them and get a sticker placed on my key card.  (No such problem with drinks/internet package).

Two steam rooms are great, one mild and one hot.  Two saunas are great too, one a little cooler but not much difference.   The two hot tubs are a little weird and are lightly chlorinated compared to the hot tubs by the pool.  There are only 3 heated lounge chairs.  The showers are mostly cold and didn't impress me.  The cold room is GREAT after sauna/steam.   There are 3 rooms with padded lounge chairs and chill/EDM music, one is a "salt" room but honestly couldn't tell if it did anything.  There are two "Mediterranean baths" which i didn't quite understand, kind of like steam rooms without the steam -- you're supposed to get wet then let the heated walls do their thing....  didn't have the patience for that. 

I meant to try to free sauna in the gym (for comparison) but didn't get around to it.  

It was never crowded but my cruise was only about 1/3 capacity (Nov 6-13).

This is a great summary!  Thank you!  We are on Meraviglia now.  We used our 1 hour free pass and we are glad we did not pay the $130 for the week.  I believe the pass is definitely worth it on Seaside, but not on Meraviglia.  I really missed the aromatherapy showers in this Thermal area, as well as the outdoor seating with hot tub that they have on Seaside.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/22/2022 at 8:47 PM, APDMOM said:

Love the thermal area on both Meraviglia and Seaside.  I am still trying to decide if it is worth the $130 for one week on oue upcoming Meraviglia cruise, as I had a GREAT deal for 14 days on Seaside, but it is an amazing experience!  Never was crowded when I went - I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it, as I am a type A (maybe double A) person and have difficulty relaxing and not thinking of 'what I may be missing while sitting in this hot tub".  😄 LOL!

My issue is that I am going on a TWO night cruise next month and they still want $130 for the spa pass. Shouldn't it be priced according to the number of days you are cruising? That's insane to me!

10 hours ago, knawest8 said:

My issue is that I am going on a TWO night cruise next month and they still want $130 for the spa pass. Shouldn't it be priced according to the number of days you are cruising? That's insane to me!

Just say no.  It's barely worth $20 a day.

On 12/20/2022 at 8:46 AM, greg_atlanta said:

Just say no.  It's barely worth $20 a day.

Yeah exactly! I thought a "couples pass" to the thermal spa would afford at least some level of privacy, but the youtube video i saw was all glass walls. Like who wants to take a rain shower in the middle of a room surrounded by glass walls? Is it even co-ed? I must be missing something. 

4 hours ago, knawest8 said:

Yeah exactly! I thought a "couples pass" to the thermal spa would afford at least some level of privacy, but the youtube video i saw was all glass walls. Like who wants to take a rain shower in the middle of a room surrounded by glass walls? Is it even co-ed? I must be missing something. 

Like who wants to take a rain shower in the middle of a room surrounded by glass walls?

Me! People watching others go through the cold/hot were having a great time! Laughing at each other, and cheering each other on, as some questioned "how cold" "how hot", etc., as they exited the glass enclosed tunnel. I really enjoyed that feature! Other seemed to enjoy it as well, and it brought us all together, young and old alike.

Having said that, $130 for a two day cruise is a bit pricey.

Edited by Jeep Driver
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jeep Driver said:

Like who wants to take a rain shower in the middle of a room surrounded by glass walls?

This is completely normal for a spa with different thermal experience rooms.  Perhaps you are not appreciating that ppl are in swimwear?  These are experience showers, not showers where you washing your bits and pieces!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BertieRulesOK said:

This is completely normal for a spa with different thermal experience rooms.  Perhaps you are not appreciating that ppl are in swimwear?  These are experience showers, not showers where you washing your bits and pieces!

I was quoting knawes8. I didn't know how to "quote" correctly.  Read my response again. 

Edited by Jeep Driver

On 12/19/2022 at 10:19 PM, knawest8 said:

Definitely not worth it for 2 nights!  We ended up only using the 1 hour pass on our recent cruise.  It is not nearly as nice as the Seaside thermal area.  I would not even buy this pass for a week on Meraviglia.