Check in date and TIME

SAPMAN

I know check in starts 21 days before embarkation.  But is that 12:01 (after midnight and start of day 21) or 8am Eastern or ??    I think they still give out check in times and the early slots get filled up right away.  So good to check in asap.   But have also heard the door to check in does not look at one's check in time so anyone can get in even if their check in time is an hour or later?     Comments?

We are on day 21 right now, and I just finished checking in. I noticed in my roll call group on another website that shall remain unnamed that people were checking in as soon as midnight hit in their time zone, but I couldn't do it yet because it wasn't officially day 21 yet in my time zone. I also noticed when I checked in that there was no place to select a time to arrive at port. I asked in my roll call on here about that to see if someone knows if I just missed it, or if that's something that they have us do later.

I hit day 21 tomorrow 23 Oct.  Will try at 12:01 midnight Eastern to see if Check in is open and if I can select a check in time slot.  If not, likely not try until about 7am Eastern.  For an Athens trip.  And try to post my findings. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SAPMAN said:

I know check in starts 21 days before embarkation.  But is that 12:01 (after midnight and start of day 21) or 8am Eastern or ??    I think they still give out check in times and the early slots get filled up right away.  So good to check in asap.   But have also heard the door to check in does not look at one's check in time so anyone can get in even if their check in time is an hour or later?     Comments?

Here in NYC (Eastern Time Zone) Jim goes online at 5 am 😱 to complete check in, so he can get the earliest time slot to show up at the pier.  However, we’ve never been asked when we did show up what Was our scheduled time to arrive. So I don’t think anyone should worry too much about their time slot.  Just turn up when it’s most convenient for you.  Having said that, I realize that NCL spaces out these time slots to avoid overcrowding.

Bon voyage!

7 hours ago, SAPMAN said:

It is 12 am NCL-time (Miami = Eastern Time). 

If you want early times to arrive at port, then check-in as close to midnight eastern as possible. Early times will sell out quickly. 

The door check is run by the local agents in each port (not NCL). You may get a "boy scout" that enforces check in times. So, log on and check in as close to midnight eastern time as possible. 

Edited by BirdTravels

11 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

If you want early times to arrive at port, then check-in as close to midnight eastern as possible. Early times will sell out quickly. 

100% correct. Don't forget that while checking in, you have to take a photo for your sea pass. If you wait till morning to complete your checking, the 0930 time slot might be all gone.

I’m trying to check in for my cruise. It shows my cruise is in 21 days, it shows I have paid for my cruise, however the check in button is grayed out. Does any have any idea why it’s not letting me check in? The cruise is our of Los Angeles. Does the check out time need to be 12:01 am California time?

I tried from midnight to 1:05am Eastern time,  but could not check in for my NCL cruise.  Got up at am and check in open.  First check in window was 9-9:30am.   But I wonder if they will really be open then, but if you want on 1st - maybe?    I decided to sleep in in Athens and took a 11 - 11:30am window.  A long cruise and no need to get on too early.  Took about 10 minutes to complete (have to sit for 1 min video on safety).  Have your passport info, credit card, emergency contact info, etc ready.   You can take a pic with your phone or take one earlier and just upload from your PC or phone.  Head shot.  

Strange my NCL page said 21 days to cruise at 12:01 am, but would not open the check in section then.

I dont' think you can print the edocs until about a week ahead - they will email you when ready.

11 hours ago, eowyn13 said:

I’m trying to check in for my cruise. It shows my cruise is in 21 days, it shows I have paid for my cruise, however the check in button is grayed out. Does any have any idea why it’s not letting me check in? The cruise is our of Los Angeles. Does the check out time need to be 12:01 am California time?

I tried to check in at 12am eastern time and got the grayed in box as well.  We live in central part of country,  one hour difference.   I tried an hour later at 12:08 my time which was 1:12 eastern time and got right in and did everything including watching the mustard videos in about 15 minutes.  We could have got as early as 9 am check in but did not want to get to the terminal and have to wait two plus hours or longer to get on ship.   

The cruise we are taking we have taken twice before.  Earliest I have ever seen them let anyone on ship was just after 11 am.   Once they begin boarding,  they let the handicap passengers and haven passengers on first,   then sapphires and diamonds,  then platinums,  then gold and below if I recall correctly.   By choosing the time slot 10:30 to 11am  and being platinum I am hoping we can minimize the time we have to wait in the holding area.  

2 hours ago, SAPMAN said:

I tried from midnight to 1:05am Eastern time,  but could not check in for my NCL cruise.  Got up at am and check in open.  First check in window was 9-9:30am.   But I wonder if they will really be open then, but if you want on 1st - maybe?    I decided to sleep in in Athens and took a 11 - 11:30am window.  A long cruise and no need to get on too early.  Took about 10 minutes to complete (have to sit for 1 min video on safety).  Have your passport info, credit card, emergency contact info, etc ready.   You can take a pic with your phone or take one earlier and just upload from your PC or phone.  Head shot.  

Strange my NCL page said 21 days to cruise at 12:01 am, but would not open the check in section then.

I dont' think you can print the edocs until about a week ahead - they will email you when ready.

Your edocs will be ready later today or tomorrow. Just log in and check.  Haven't gotten an email notification in awhile.  Enjoy your cruise!

1 hour ago, alwalaska said:

What are the requirements for the headshot photo.  I'd like to have that ready for both of us ahead of time.  Thanks.

Apparently you have to wear a shirt, as my DH found out 🤦‍♀️ No glasses, including clear lens prescription ones. Other than that, just a head shot in good lighting. 

1 hour ago, alwalaska said:

What are the requirements for the headshot photo.  I'd like to have that ready for both of us ahead of time.  Thanks.

Just like a passport photo, clear background no glasses or headgears.

6 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

Once they begin boarding,  they let the handicap passengers and haven passengers on first,   then sapphires and diamonds,  then platinums,  then gold and below if I recall correctly. 

I have never seen that level of detail for latitudes.  I've seen "platinum and above" and also seen "platinum then gold."  It likely varies.

48 minutes ago, MyTMo777 said:

No glasses, including clear lens prescription ones. Other than that, just a head shot in good lighting. 

30 minutes ago, destar said:

Just like a passport photo, clear background no glasses

Are you sure?  I've used the same photo of DW with her glasses on for three straight cruises.

9 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Are you sure?  I've used the same photo of DW with her glasses on for three straight cruises.

If it works for you then good, it said as natural as possible. They won't accept the photo if there is any reflection or glare. 

19 hours ago, eowyn13 said:

Per my prior email, it is 12:01 am Eastern Time. 12:01 Pacific Time is 3 am Eastern, so it should be good to go. 

4 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

That’s what it said as I was checking in 🤷‍♂️ First time I’ve had to upload a photo to check in. I took off my glasses like it said and it worked. I didn’t try it with my glasses on.