1 BR aqua on oasis. best for watching the show?

luckyinpa

there are 6 available for my cruise next year. i assume thats all of them there are so i have a good selection.  will be my 1st time in the aqua suite and want to see many of the shows. does it matter which cabin for that purpose? i'm assuming the music will be heard anywhere but does higher up mean better/worse viewing?

46 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

there are 6 available for my cruise next year. i assume thats all of them there are so i have a good selection.  will be my 1st time in the aqua suite and want to see many of the shows. does it matter which cabin for that purpose? i'm assuming the music will be heard anywhere but does higher up mean better/worse viewing?

We had the 1 BR Aqua Suite on the 14th floor. I would say lower is better. You can see most of the show better at the stage level, but you see some things from the Balcony you cannot in the theater seats.

6 minutes ago, mooseman52b said:

We had the 1 BR Aqua Suite on the 14th floor. I would say lower is better. You can see most of the show better at the stage level, but you see some things from the Balcony you cannot in the theater seats.

thanks just been googling like crazy. and saw a post that deck 14 was much smaller than 11 or 12 and that the people werent happy about it because of youtube vids they had watched of the bigger balcony. 

then i noticed on the date i  just decided to choose there's only 1 left on deck 11 so i actually did book 11 just now. one time "i snoozed i losed" out on another cabin i wanted. didnt wanna do that again. 

still looking for other tips about the aqua suites. i know the divers practice during the week but what else goes on in the theater that i may be able to see

NOTE to anyone who books hoping to see an aqua show. it's very very likely if you are on the 1st cruise that is at the port (NJ and FL presently i think) that there's a new cast on board and you will not see the show the 1st week they are on the ship. this happened to me last year. it's sad

so i booked for the 3rd week the ship starts in this port. 

• Like 1

The 11 th fl is the best of the 1 br Aquatheater suites. It's loud during the shows, but that's to be expected. The room is all about the balcony, it's huge.  The only negative thing with the room, is the bathroom situation. There's only one, and the bathroom is in the bedroom. For 2 people,this is an amazing room.   Video is of 11730

• Like 1

do you mean loud in the room?  i wouldnt care about that but just curious. the music is fantastic. better never change! 

i did love 2 bathrooms in the CLS but i'll just have to deal with one here for the great views!  

i'm glad there are various chairs to watch the show with. unsure if the higher or lower would be best. also nice to have a real table out there to have some MDR food  sometime

Yeah loud during the shows. It didn't bother me. That's what I expected. Love the show,the best I've seen on a cruise ship. The room is great ,but I have 2 teen girls, so the bathroom situation was kind of a mess. As for the other floors, I would only book the rooms on the 11 or 12 floors.  This room category is all about the balcony and the room on the 14 fl is crazy small.  Not worth it in my book. 

just looked at some other views of the balcony. appears all the jut outs of all the suites can be seen directly by the above balcony . of course you are totally open on the theater side to the world so thats no biggie really. the side of the ship looks like total privacy though. 

still the totally privacy on the ocean facing CLS was nice. but it's a tradeoff. 

cant imagine 4 people in one bathroom. you need CLS!  i can see 14 is small just from this and feel bad for anyone who unknowingly got it while paying the same price as the others. 

aqua balc.PNG

aqua balcs.jpg

Edited by luckyinpa
  • Like 1

i found this on someones post:

Category A4

Stateroom:323 sq. ft.

Balcony 140 sq. ft.

Note: Above sizes are for staterooms on deck 14 (1 Bedroom)

Category A3

Stateroom 323 sq. ft.

Balcony 355 sq. ft.

Note: Above sizes are for staterooms on deck 12 (1 Bedroom)

Category A3

Stateroom:323 sq. ft.

Balcony: 452 sq. ft.

Note: Above sizes are for staterooms on deck 11 (1 Bedroom)

Category A2

Stateroom: 673 sq. ft.

Balcony: 610 sq. ft.

Note: Above sizes are for staterooms on deck 10 (2 Bedroom)

Category A2

Stateroom720 sq. ft.

Balcony: 716 sq. ft.

Note: Above sizes are for staterooms on deck 9 (2 Bedroom)

Category A1

Stateroom: 823 sq. ft.

Balcony: 772 sq. ft.

Note: Above sizes are for staterooms on deck 8 (2 Bedroom)

• Like 1

We were in a deck 14 1BR aquasuite on Symphony last fall. We got a Royal Up upgrade from the CLS we had booked. The cabin was wonderful, with a lot of space and DH was thrilled not to have stairs to the sleeping loft. The tradeoff is the long walk to the aft of the ship.

I am a huge fan of the Aquashows and was excited to be able to see it from our balcony, but it's really not the same as being seated in the AT seating. Maybe for the lower decks with wider balconies, but it didn't work for me. 

Barb