NCL Spirit 10/19/22

flcraigs5

So we are on the ship and just received word that in order to satisfy environmental compliance regulations our call to Moorea has been cancelled and will be replaced with a sea day. Asked guests services to clarify which compliance regulation we were not meeting and was told that the ship needed to unload "something" and had to be a certain distance from land. I asked why that couldnt be done during our 4 straight sea days but she said she didnt know.  I would think NCL could have  planned better so that all the passengers that have traveled half way around the world would not miss out on these bucket list islands!

Edited by flcraigs5

On 10/22/2022 at 9:25 PM, flcraigs5 said:

So we are on the ship and just received word that in order to satisfy environmental compliance regulations our call to Moorea has been cancelled and will be replaced with a sea day. Asked guests services to clarify which compliance regulation we were not meeting and was told that the ship needed to unload "something" and had to be a certain distance from land. I asked why that couldnt be done during our 4 straight sea days but she said she didnt know.  I would think NCL could have  planned better so that all the passengers that have traveled half way around the world would not miss out on these bucket list islands!

That’s really disappointing and sounds like bad planning. I’m boarding the Spirit on Monday, hope they figure out all their issues by then. 

9 hours ago, Phamer55 said:

That’s really disappointing and sounds like bad planning. I’m boarding the Spirit on Monday, hope they figure out all their issues by then. 

Same here - have some really good excursions planned and don't want to miss them.

I think it might be a gray water issue and bad planning.  They can pump gray water off the boat I think three mile outside territorial waters.  I'm on Spirit 11/14, so I, too hope we don't have that problem.  I'd be PO'd.  The point of the cruise is Tahiti, I love Hawaii, but there are a lot of Hawaii cruises throughout the year.

I'm on the 10/31 Papeete to Papeete cruise and our 2nd Moorea day was also flipped to a "sea day". Bummed out to say the least. French Polynesia just doesn't work well on these big ships it would seem. We Board on 10/31 at noon, but the ship doesn't leave port until midnight that night. Great - we get to look at the port all day for our embarkation day. Boo!

Got an Email from NCL last night advising of a change in itinerary for our 11/7 sailing on the Spirit.

Here is the revised itinerary:

Revised

Day Destination Arrive Depart  
Mon the 7th PAPEETE, FRENCH POLYNESIA   11:59 pm (Changed to 0300, Tuesday the 8th)  
Tue the 8th PAPEETE, FRENCH POLYNESIA  Overnight 3:00 am (WAS 2359 the 7th; NOW is 0300 the 8th)  
Tue the 8th HUAHINE, FRENCH POLYNESIA 10:00 am (WAS 0800) 6:00 pm (NO CHANGE)  
Wed the 9th RAIATEA, FRENCH POLYNESIA 8:00 am (NO CHANGE) 6:00 pm (NO CHANGE)  
Thu the 10th BORA BORA, FRENCH POLYNESIA 8:00 am (NO CHANGE) 11:59 pm (NO CHANGE-Unless they leave overnight)  
Fri the 11th BORA BORA, FRENCH POLYNESIA 8:00 am (NO CHANGE) 8:00 pm (NO CHANGE)  
Sat the 12th MOOREA, FRENCH POLYNESIA 8:00 am (NO CHANGE) 8:00 pm (NO Overnight or 2nd Day in Moorea)  
Sun the 13th PAPEETE. FRENCH POLYNESIA 8:00 pm (Was Moorea) Overnight  
Mon the 14th PAPEETE, FRENCH POLYNESIA 12:00 am

They really don't specify what we are doing on the 13th.  Will it be a day at sea dumping tanks or a day in Papeete flushing tanks with an overnight on board.  Fortunately for us the only excursion we booked through the ship was at Huahine, so NCL will make the adjustments on departure time on that excursion.  The excursion we booked on the 13th was with the Blue Lady.  We will have to cancel that ourselves.

FYI:

2 hours ago, snorkeljill said:

I just spoke to NCL (with respect to my same itinerary change the week of October 31), and they say the 8pm arrival in Papeete on Sunday is not a typo.  Looks like it is a day at sea between Moorea and Papeete, even though it is only a short ferry ride between Moorea and Papeete!!