Carnival Horizon Disembarkation Time

CanCruz1977

I'm cruising on the Horizon out of Miami and am flying out of MIA at 12:26 pm.  We always self disembark.  We're both gold cruisers.  We booked the Carnival bus to MIA. Is there a way to get off sooner rather than later or to early disembark?  Any hits and tips would be appreciated.  

Guest BasicSailor
44 minutes ago, CanCruz1977 said:

I'm cruising on the Horizon out of Miami and am flying out of MIA at 12:26 pm.  We always self disembark.  We're both gold cruisers.  We booked the Carnival bus to MIA. Is there a way to get off sooner rather than later or to early disembark?  Any hits and tips would be appreciated.  

Go to guest services and explain your situation 😉

I would recommend you don't check your luggage, which at least gets you on the bus sooner. Make sure you know where to go in MIA so you can get off at the most efficient drop-off point. If you are flying out of Terminal D, look into using the Sky Train that runs within the terminal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No reason for early disembark if your flight is not until 12:26 out of Miami. Have a leisurely breakfast and then self disembark when you want. If you leave the Lido by 845, you should easily clear customs and make the airport by 10:30, 2 hours ahead of your flight.

No reason to use the Carnival bus as a transfer either.  If you don't want to use a cab, which is easier and cheaper, then an Uber or Lyft would be another cheaper option than two on the Carnival bus. You also don't need to wait around till the bus fills up to leave.  So, it's cheaper and quicker to use a cab or Uber.

Sure, you could probably take your time getting off with that flight time, but you'd probably feel nervous about it. 

Self-debark (no checked luggage) would be your best option if you can manage all your luggage by yourself.    If not, explain at Guest Services that you have to make a flight and they should be able to supply you with early-out luggage tags (Zone 1 or 2).    I wouldn't volunteer your flight time unless they ask for it.  

Last week on the Horizon the early luggage zones were called right along with the first self-debark folks.  They were called by muster station.  

3 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

No reason for early disembark if your flight is not until 12:26 out of Miami. Have a leisurely breakfast and then self disembark when you want. If you leave the Lido by 845, you should easily clear customs and make the airport by 10:30, 2 hours ahead of your flight.

No reason to use the Carnival bus as a transfer either.  If you don't want to use a cab, which is easier and cheaper, then an Uber or Lyft would be another cheaper option than two on the Carnival bus. You also don't need to wait around till the bus fills up to leave.  So, it's cheaper and quicker to use a cab or Uber.

After having spent almost exactly an hour waiting to go through security at MIA when I disembarked the Horizon in February for a 1 PM flight, I'm not sure two hours would be enough. A ride share might be better if flying out of the "central" terminals (E, F, or G) as one could get dropped off closer.

3 hours ago, tidecat said:

After having spent almost exactly an hour waiting to go through security at MIA when I disembarked the Horizon in February for a 1 PM flight, I'm not sure two hours would be enough. A ride share might be better if flying out of the "central" terminals (E, F, or G) as one could get dropped off closer.

I also factored in 1.75 hours going from Lido to MIA, which is generous.  I was basically letting the OP know that there are better options than taking the Carnival bus.  Didn't know any better 35 years ago, but in 2022 there are better options than having to rely on a bus to fill up when you can take a private cab or Uber and also save money.  The bottom line is saving time and money are always a good thing.

My experience with carnival shuttle is it takes longer. You have to wait until they unload all the luggage before you are allowed off; at least that's how it was in April. I would cancel shuttle  and either take taxi or ride share. if you can handle luggage, I would self assist. 12:26 is very doable.