MSC World Europa - Dubai - January 14 2023

My husband has just surprised me by telling me we are on this cruise to celebrate my birthday - can't wait!  Who else is coming?

By the way, if anyone has successfully applied for a maritime e-visa directly through an official website (i.e. not through an agent) please tell me how you did it.  The MSC website currently says the following, so will probably hold off for now in any case:

- TRANSIT SAUDI ARABIA: A transit e-Visa is requested to enter the country by paying a fee. We are currently working with local authorities in order to eliminate or alleviate such cost. Transit e-Visa request can be submitted only few days before day of call. More information will follow as soon as will be made available to us.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/16/2022 at 10:13 AM, Essexgirl1963 said:

Saudi Arabia transit visa update - MSC have now posted details of how to apply for the transit visa on their website. Follow this link https://www.msccruises.co.uk/manage-booking/before-you-go/travel-documents-visas

I haven't done it yet, but looks pretty straightforward and not expensive.

Hi let me know how u get on please we join World Europa on 10th March at Dubai. I tried applying for it a few days ago but first problem I encountered was the photo request I dont know how to reduce the file size to 1m? Then got stuck at steps 11,12,13 and 14 as what I was told to enter at these questions the site wouldn’t let me. 
I hope you have better luck than me. 
It is a reasonable price. 

• 3 weeks later...

We are on the February 4, 2023 Dubai cruise. As others may have, I have spent some time trying to negotiate the Marine visa referenced by MSC at their web page. I too had a difficult time with adding my photo and after lots of Googling, discovered a site named resizepixel.com that did the trick. However steps 12 and 13 did not have the ability to accept the advised entries of 90 days and 4 days. So I am still hung up there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2022 at 1:58 PM, Stormy Dan said:

Hi let me know how u get on please we join World Europa on 10th March at Dubai. I tried applying for it a few days ago but first problem I encountered was the photo request I dont know how to reduce the file size to 1m? Then got stuck at steps 11,12,13 and 14 as what I was told to enter at these questions the site wouldn’t let me. 
I hope you have better luck than me. 
It is a reasonable price. 

Hi, we applied for the visas  and although the site was a little frustrating, we got there in the end. But no confirmation email received, so I began to wonder if it had worked (although payment went from credit card). And sure enough, two days before our arrival in Dammam, an email arrived with our visas. So we took the trip to Al Hasa oasis and it was well worth it. We're so glad that we made it there - an opportunity not to be missed.