CABIN BELOW POOL

HCI

• 2 months later...

Have you already been?  I have just found this post and thought I would reply, but if you've already been, feel free to ignore.

I was on a Cunard cruise and had the cabin under the pool, but two decks down.  We had a medical incident where they had to land a chopper to take someone off.  The pool was an open area, and that's where they. were planning to land.  Just in case of a crash or whatever, all passengers in cabins for two decks below were evacuated and not allowed back until after the chopper left (some poor sods hadn't got out of bed yet, and had to go to brekky in their jammies!)  To make matters worse, the person who was taken off was the carer for another passenger, so the chopper had to come back  later to take that person off as well. 

Having said that, I've only been on one cruise that this happened, so the odds aren't great.  And Cunard put a bottle of bubbly in our cabin to make up for the inconvenience, so we certainly had a better cruise than the two poor passengers who had to leave suddenly!