Question for Spirit Hawaii to Vancouver past passengers

lnew1gd1

Hello,

Does anyone that sailed Hawaii to Vancouver on the Spirit know when and how many formal nights there are?

Are they port days or do they wait until the 5 seas days back to Vancouver?

Any other info about this sailing would be greatly appreciated. We are not sailing until April 27, 2007 but can't wait and want to learn all I can about this ship and it's itinerary as soon as possible.

I have already read all the reviews but can't find any info on the formal nights.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Lynn,

We did this itinerary April 30, 2004 and absolutely loved it. There were two formal nights, both on sea days. The first formal night was on May 7th (8th day, first sea day). The second formal night was on May 10th (Monday, 11th day of cruise).

I strongly recommend renting a car in each port-of-call. It will cost far less than the excursions, it's easy to find your way around, you have control and can see more.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Janet

I want this to be our next "big cruise". Can anyone tell me if this is also around the time the whales to their migration to Alaska? When we were on the Spirit in July, the naturalist (Michelle) mentioned this migration.

We rented cars, and yes, that was the greatest way to see the islands. We also booked our own helicopter ride in Maui and saved about 150.00. We had smooth sailing all the way, never any rough seas. We did sail in September. It was the wrong time for us to see whales. You will really love this cruise. We are planning on repeating it and spending time in Hawaii post-cruise. :)

We docked in Honolulu, Hilo and Kauai. We tendered in Kona. In Maui, you will dock if port is Kahului and tender if Lahaina.

Thank you so much, I appreciate the info.

We are actually going to be in both Kahului and Lahaina. They added Lahaina till 10 pm. So it's 2 days in Maui.

Glad that most of the ports are docked. Just came off the Miracle Feb 12 sailing and the only port we got to dock at was Costa Maya.

Lynn

We will be joining you on this cruise. This will be our third time on the Spirit. 2nd on this itinerary. This will be our 30th anniversary cruise. We absolutely LOVE this itinerary and cruise ship, staff, etc. Renting cars is the way to go. Very reasonable and easy driving. You will make a lot of wonderful memories on this sailing...guaranteed!

We will be joining you on this cruise. This will be our third time on the Spirit. 2nd on this itinerary. This will be our 30th anniversary cruise. We absolutely LOVE this itinerary and cruise ship, staff, etc. Renting cars is the way to go. Very reasonable and easy driving. You will make a lot of wonderful memories on this sailing...guaranteed!

Come Join our Roll Call. I'm sure you would have lots to add, since you have done this itinerary before.

Come Join our Roll Call. I'm sure you would have lots to add, since you have done this itinerary before.

Yes, please join our roll call> As Dolphin Girl said, You would be a welcome asset to the roll call with your past experiences on the islands plus we will have a year to talk and get to know all of us!

Here is the link to our roll call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=272238

Archived