Upsell offer

Jacqueline

I got an email today from Cunard. Typical word salad. All about the glories of everything that the QG has to offer, the dining room, drink set up. Butler… I am having the vapors, thinking that this is an upgrade offer to non QG passengers for $299 (thirteen night cruise). After having paid full price. And since I am already in QG what is the point of the email.

Turns out it’s an “upgrade” from a Q6 to Q5.  Really? Down the hall a few doors?

My cabin is quite forward but has no lifeboats in view from my veranda. 
Thoughts?

Are you on QM2?  We've been in QG Q6 9.003 before (on an upgrade from PG), and it is a very acceptable Q6 location.  I realise that a forward cabin has the risk of greater pitch movement, but I like to feel I'm at sea and QM2 has good stability throughout.  So personally, I wouldn't pay for a change from Q6 to Q5, but that's me.  Now, if the offer was for Q4 or higher, that's a whole different proposition.  Unfortunately that's something we've never been fortunate enough to do, either paid or courtesy of the upgrade fairy.