Excursion shuttle vs DIY Shuttle ZEE11 wait times

mousefan73

Can anyone comment on the excursion ZE11: Bruges (Brügge) on your own.

For 44 euros prebooking it says Bruges on your own.. basically its the shuttle bus to town. I know this is more if I book a bus service on my own.. But I have been hearing horror stories how the shuttle lines have been horribel. Are these the cruise ship shuttles or the private shuttles.

We are willing to pay more if we get a bus at a reserved time, for us, no wait.. Like a real excursion..

Can anyone comment if these type of MSC excrusions are simplying you buy via them ( for more) and end up in the same bus lines with the people who booked themselves ( cheaper)

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey probably too late to reply. For my cruise on this itinerary there was bruges on your own as described but there was also "basic bruges" which included a tour guide but was cheaper. The tour guide was okay - and you got to learn a bit about the culture and history. You got some free time too (was raining heavily for us). Tbh bruges is not that big and unless you like shopping you probably don't need that long unless you're planning on visiting the paid for places.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

At Zeebrugge ships tour from shipsside to brugge. Doing it yourself must take free shuttle to terminal, continuous service with no lines. Outside terminal (by the lightship) there is a private operator offering return to brugge for €20. Bus every 30 mins. Best to book in advance to skip the line which can be long.

https://www.cruise-express.be/en/

Alternatively take ship shuttle to Blankenburg. €11 all day. Then take train to Brugge €5

Both Bus and Train station in Brugge about 15 min walk from main square.

• 2 weeks later...