Cutbacks

thunderingherd11

11 hours ago, LibertyBella said:

Inflation is a world-wide challenge.  Cut-backs happen because companies prefer to try to survive rather than disappear.  The travel industry is constantly evaluating expenditures and profits. 

Remember when luggage and seat choices were free on airlines, and full hot meals were served?  Airlines are making record profits right now, because people will still fly even without all the extras.  And cheap airlines came into existence because there was a market of need and want, and now even more people fly.

Carnival is still a FANTASTIC bargain in the world of travel, and especially for cruising.  But it has no need to compete with the other brands in Carnival Corporation, so those who want more luxury can just pay more and go to another cruise line.  

I travel a lot, and I have gone to more than a few all-inclusive resorts. But I rarely drink alcohol, and I am not a big eater, so they never lose money on me.  I just like the resort experience, the big pools, the variety of restaurants, the palm trees, etc.  I will never stay in an Air B&B, because trying to do a vacation as cheap as possible stopped being my modus operandi after I turned twenty-five (decades ago--believe me--I even hitch-hiked in Europe when that was still a thing!). However, I will still choose Carnival when I just want a cheap, fun getaway cruise, and I am not going to nit-pick over any changes, because I am away from home/work and relaxing!

I agree with you but this kind of talk gets people branded all sorts of not very nice names. Which I don't understand. It's still a huge bargain. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

But it seems Carnival Corp. would do better to have some sort of program to keep cruisers who've outgrown CCL in the Carnival Corp. brands, like how Royal Caribbean (the parent conpany) honors status across Royal, Celebrity, and (at least used to be before they spun them off) Azamara. 

I'm not necessarily saying match Carnival Diamond to Princess Elite, but at least throw a bone to someone with CCL status to encourage them to move up from CCL to, let's say, Princess rather than Celebrity.

I agree with this, and I can't understand why they haven't done it yet. Seems like missed business.

• Like 1