Priority Boarding

lele100

Hello all,  I belong to a couple different groups in FB.  There were comments regarding Priority Boarding for Platinum/diamond.  I read some people saying that they were able to have PB in some home ports, but then again others were saying they did not in some others.  Did anyone experience this? If yes which ports?

1 minute ago, BasicSailor said:

No priority boarding at this time and the forever future. You chose a boarding time.

Oh I know thats what it says,  I am just saying some cruisers were able to have Priority Boarding in some of the home ports, and there were quite a few of them.  I don't think they are all lying do you? LOL

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
Just now, lele100 said:

Oh I know thats what it says,  I am just saying some cruisers were able to have Priority Boarding in some of the home ports, and there were quite a few of them.  I don't think they are all lying do you? LOL

Liar's the lot of em😁 But more than likely they're recognized by the port authorities and given the Go card.

We have been on 8 cruises in the past year (10 since they started this new process) and in our case it totally depended on the port, except for guests in suites, they had priority in every single port.

In every port (except for San Francisco) we boarded by boarding group and it was very quick and organized. 

San Francisco was a total mess (boarding was late, then they called for any guests in suites/diamond/platinum, all at once, which resulted in a huge crowd rushing toward the boarding area).

To further add to the priority/no priority confusion, some ports have lines designated for Suite Passengers/Platinum/Diamond for expedited check-in, but even if you get through the check-in line quickly, you still have to wait for your boarding group to be called.  

Platinum/diamond get to select check in times two days ahead so if they select the first time, I would think they would board right after suites. Since the restart, I have cruised from Galveston, Seattle, PC, and Dover.  I don't think there was any priority at Seattle--but it was hard to say because we ended up getting there later than usual instead of at the first check-in time so it may be that we simply got there too late. (We had a suite and were not platinum.)  I do not recall there being priority at Dover either...but boarding was a mess at Dover.   However, I *thought* there was something at the other ports.  In particular, I recall there was a priority waiting area at PC, but it may have been for suites.  Not sure.         

In Seattle admission to the terminal was supposed to be by the arrival time on your boarding pass, but that wasn’t adhered to.  Once inside the building and through security, there were separate check-in lines for suites, diamond/platinum, and general.  But once boarding started, it was strictly by the boarding group number on your boarding pass.  Suites were called first, then A01, A02, etc.  People in wheelchairs went right after suites, at the same time as A01.  

• Like 1

As diamond we got a "partial priority boarding" in Seattle in July getting on Splendor headed to Alaska.  By partial I mean there was a priority section once we had gotten passed the security check point.  Like the 2nd step of the check in process there.  Allowed us to avoid a much longer line at that stage.  It was nice to get a portion of that perk once again.  This current "2 day advance" registering is not nearly the same.  Frankly, not worth a damn! (-:  Hopefully that loyalty reward will be reinstated now that COVID is "over."  May sound a little picky to some, but that's one of the reasons we have sailed about 600 nights between us and currently have several weeks scheduled.  Anyway, hope that helps.

Happy cruising!! 

20 minutes ago, dandeck said:

As diamond we got a "partial priority boarding" in Seattle in July getting on Splendor headed to Alaska.  By partial I mean there was a priority section once we had gotten passed the security check point.  Like the 2nd step of the check in process there.

Long Beach is set up that way also.

• Like 1