Which Bars Open In CA on Breakaway?

JamieLogical

I am going on a CA/New England cruise on Sunday and I know that when docked in Canadian ports, which we will be for 2 days, only one bar per deck can be open. Does anyone know which bars these are on the Breakaway? I assume the Atrium Bar on 6 and  O'Sheehan's on 7. Shaker's on 8? Probably the Garden Cafe on 15. What about Spice H2O on 16? Would that lose out to the Haven Lounge?

Uggh.

This happened on our botched Hurricane Fiona trip to Bermuda in September where we ended up in Canada.  It was such a drag having so many bars closed on a (boring) port day in Canada that didn't depart until 9pm!!!

Anyway, we were on the sister ship Getaway.  My recollection of the bars that were opened included:

Deck 6 - Atrium bar

Deck 7 - O'Sheehan's

Deck 8 - Prime Meridian (the one inside of Cagney's/Moderna)

I assume that the Haven bar and the pool bar were opened, but didn't go, b/c not in Haven and it was too chilly.

Sugarcane on deck 8 was NOT opened.  There were a lot of very disappointed "*****?" passengers, including yours truly...until I learned about the really odd and Canadian rule/law/prohibition. 

C'mon Canada, we love you, but this is stupid.

31 minutes ago, JGmf said:

I assume that the Haven bar and the pool bar were opened, but didn't go, b/c not in Haven and it was too chilly.

Can confirm the Haven bar was open in Canada on the Breakaway earlier this month. Not the pool bar because that would put them over the limit and as you mentioned it was cold outside anyway.

32 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Sugarcane on deck 8 was NOT opened. 

Canada's rule is a maximum of 4 bars on the ship, maximum of one per deck. So if prime meridian was open then Sugarcane could not be open. We had booked Moderno on one of the evenings where were docked until late and I can tell you Prime Meridian was slammed with orders. 

23 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Probably the Garden Cafe on 15.

On our Joy Canada sailing recently completed, it was the pool bar on 16, and not the buffet.  It didn't make a lot of sense, but then neither does that goofy Canadian law.  What was most irritating is that NCL decided not to have the buffet bar open on disembarkation day for anything other than soda.  During our two prior AK cruises, we were able to get bloody Mary's et al during a leisurely breakfast while others made the mad (mad) rush to get off the ship.