Ultimate Arcade Package

JillianRieth

We’ve bought this on our last few cruises. It  cannot be used on any games where you win a physical prize or get tickets. It also is not good for bowling. Otherwise it works on general arcade games like shooting, basketball, guitar hero, etc. One of the ships had a pool table and darts and it worked on them. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/29/2022 at 11:58 AM, Bowmanvilletravel said:

We’ve bought this on our last few cruises. It  cannot be used on any games where you win a physical prize or get tickets. It also is not good for bowling. Otherwise it works on general arcade games like shooting, basketball, guitar hero, etc. One of the ships had a pool table and darts and it worked on them. 

If the game is included, are they all one swipe per play, or are some games multiple swipes? 

example: If there are two machines next to each other, will my three swipes in three minutes work for me and other person to both do a racing game or play basketball or guitar hero together at the same time?

also, is the arcade 24/7 for the early risers and the insomniacs?

46 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

If the game is included, are they all one swipe per play, or are some games multiple swipes? 

example: If there are two machines next to each other, will my three swipes in three minutes work for me and other person to both do a racing game or play basketball or guitar hero together at the same time?

also, is the arcade 24/7 for the early risers and the insomniacs?

As long as you do not go over the swipe max, you can swipe it twice for two players.  

Also, if your ship has an O’sheehans with games, the package also works there.  This includes the electronic darts machine.  Just not bowling.

• Like 1

I have never seen the arcade closed, but I've also never checked in the middle of the night- I don't think it has any hours though. Both my kids were able to use one pass without any issues. The games included the VR type games too which they really enjoyed. It was well worth it for us and we get it every time.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rjm11 said:

I have never seen the arcade closed, but I've also never checked in the middle of the night- I don't think it has any hours though. Both my kids were able to use one pass without any issues. The games included the VR type games too which they really enjoyed. It was well worth it for us and we get it every time.

Thanks for info. Any other must have or highly suggest for teens?

3 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Thanks for info. Any other must have or highly suggest for teens?

We bring cards and dice games (things that are easy to pack)- and play those a lot- my kids were never really into the kids club so they tended to want to do their own thing. They have always enjoyed the extra freedom that comes with being on a ship and having some independence.

• Like 1

Just now, rjm11 said:

We bring cards and dice games (things that are easy to pack)- and play those a lot- my kids were never really into the kids club so they tended to want to do their own thing. They have always enjoyed the extra freedom that comes with being on a ship and having some independence.

This is their first, and they have no idea. Christmas Day with the cruise 3 weeks later. They miss out on the weeks of planning and anticipating beforehand, but I think that is more of a happy obsession for me anyway. I assume they will like being able to wander the ship, eat whenever and whatever, and not have any responsibilities. 

the arcade package is available for purchase before the cruise- but only about 30 days out maybe? It might be 60... I can't remember. It's not when everything else like dining becomes available.

Most of the games work with the package... all the standard games like the first person shooter games, the driving games, the traditional arcade things.... it's only the things like skeetball that award "prize tickets" that are not included. Those are available for a fee (around $1 per play maybe?)... and you accumulate the tickets to turn in for (cheap) prizes. My kids always seemed to find some game where you get a plastic duck at the end (guaranteed every time)... and I know that wasn't free, I think it was $1.

• Thanks 1