How do you recommend we get to Olympia from the ship?

Analog187

17 minutes ago, John Bull said:

Bear in mind that we'd pre-booked, though no form-filling, no deposit, no credit card or driving licence etc until we arrived.

No line in the office (I guess that's a matter of luck).

Took about 5 - certainly no more than ten - minutes, car was in the parking lot almost opposite.

No worries

JB 🙂  

Fantastic. Sounds simple. And yes we would pre-book.

Question about buying tickets to ancient Olympia.  If we wanted to start at the small museum of the History of the Olympic Games in Antiquity, can we buy our ticket there?  Or is there just one place to buy it, and if so where is it located? 

Edited to add: I see we can also buy them online at https://etickets.tap.gr/  

I'm not sure if they will scan my cell phone or if I need to print them out.

Edited by LGinPA

8 hours ago, LGinPA said:

Fantastic. Sounds simple. And yes we would pre-book.

Question about buying tickets to ancient Olympia.  If we wanted to start at the small museum of the History of the Olympic Games in Antiquity, can we buy our ticket there?  Or is there just one place to buy it, and if so where is it located? 

Edited to add: I see we can also buy them online at https://etickets.tap.gr/  

I'm not sure if they will scan my cell phone or if I need to print them out.

Hmmmm - fingers crossed that Cruisemom (avid & knowledgeable enthusiast of ancient history) doesn't see this reply 😏

Cos we don't have the same enthusiasm for ancient sites, and it was so ridiculously darned hot that we didn't get further than a cafe/bar near the entrance 🙄.  (easy free street-parking)

There's nowhere else visit-worthy from Katacolon, so we then mooched around in our (air-conditioned) car, returned to K., swam a while with the jellyfish 😮, walked the few shops and ended up in another bar. 

Certainly at most sites in Europe there's a small discount for buying tickets on-line - but we don't rely on scanning, because of the consequences of a flat battery or malfunction or whatever (thinking here of Covid vax certificates), so at a cost of just a few pennies we always print-off.

JB 🙂

ps Sorry, cruisemom 😀

• Thanks 1