Sailing In and Out of Miami--What Time is the Soonest Flight I Could Take Home?

Katems75

11 hours ago, rockmom said:

@Katems75I was thinking about you and your flights--and got me to thinking--you did book your flight to get to Miami to come in a day before the cruise, correct?  You don't want to risk flying in the day of, that's how a lot of people miss their cruise and lose their $$.   It seems like you're flying from a place where there are not a lot of options, so wanted to make sure you knew to come in at least one day before.  

I haven't actually booked the flight yet, since I'm still trying to figure out which awful options is the least awful, lol, but yes, I plan to come in a day ahead.  Thank you for thinking of me and trying to prevent me from losing out entirely!

Thanks everyone!  Yes, I've been looking at Fort Lauderdale and Miami, both.  The options are just so bad. I may end up flying into Fort Lauderdale but not landing until 10:40 pm which kinda stinks, and I may fly out of Miami just because they have the earliest flight (3:45!!!).  I'm in upstate NY and not used to such terrible options when flying to Florida, but then I've only ever flown into Orlando for Disney vacations.

11 minutes ago, Katems75 said:

Thanks everyone!  Yes, I've been looking at Fort Lauderdale and Miami, both.  The options are just so bad. I may end up flying into Fort Lauderdale but not landing until 10:40 pm which kinda stinks, and I may fly out of Miami just because they have the earliest flight (3:45!!!).  I'm in upstate NY and not used to such terrible options when flying to Florida, but then I've only ever flown into Orlando for Disney vacations.

I felt like my flight options were worse than normal also. Especially for a holiday week. Not sure what's up with that. Flights into MIA were fine, several nonstops to choose from, but on the way out...terrible. One nonstop flight the whole day, and it's at the very end of the day. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

Have you considered storing your luggage for a day and then enjoy what Miami has to offer? I use an app called Bounce, and they partner with places like UPS stores and hotels that will store your bags for $5-10 a day. Just return and pick it up before the store closes and go to airport!

• Thanks 1

Another option, other than the excursions which you can find on your cruise planner for the last day, is a day pass for a hotel on the beach. Then you’ll be able to store your luggage and chill out for a few hours if none of the excursions appeal.