Silver Cloud Antarctica: Our suite was changed!

alithecat

I checked MySilversea this morning, and am very glad I did. We are on the Holiday cruise and booked a specific mid-ship Vista suite last year, to be low and in the center for the Drake passage. Our reservation details have shown us having this suite since we booked. But today, when I checked our reservation, we had been moved to a Vista suite at the very front of the ship. No idea why. I panicked and called Silversea. The reservation agent moved us back to our original suite, which fortunately no one else had booked yet. She could not explain what happened, but said our record showed that our room had been changed 3 times. I asked her to put a note in our reservation saying do not move us, and email'd our TA to call and find out how this happened.

Have any of you ever had this issue? 

55 minutes ago, alithecat said:

Have any of you ever had this issue? 

No, not without our permission.

Once, we were asked by SS if we’d move suites as another guest would be in our suite for three consecutive voyages before ours and two after. We said we’d be happy too if an appropriate offer of a nice bottle of wine was offered, or the elimination of the dining upcharge at La Dame.  SS returned with an OBC that was equal to roughly 15% of our fare. As you can imagine, we gladly accepted the offer.  Mind you, this was pre-Covid.

I think I understand how this happened. Our TA replied to my email and said she had asked her Silversea contact if we had any SBC. He/she decided instead of giving us this, to upgrade us to a Veranda suite (at the front of the ship). Our TA said stop. I suspect that the SS agent mangled re-assigning us to our original suite, as there was only a 1 digit difference in the suite number between the two.

So, the good news is that this shouldn't keep happening. I told our TA not to contact SS again about our reservation, and I will keep checking MySilversea every day.