Vow renewal - Motu Mahana

mermaid 285

I'd love to hear from people who did this.  Was it what you were hoping for/worth the expense?  Is it always at lunchtime or can it be arrange for later in the afternoon?

Would love to do it, but also want to do the drift snorkel and would want time to go back to the ship to sort my hair out etc, as after snorkeling my hair always looks a total mess.

We had the Vow Renewal ceremony on Motu Mahana for our 50th Anniversary.  I thought it might be silly, but it was lovely.  I cannot answer your questions about scheduling for late afternoon, as we had our around lunchtime.  
We also arranged to have the Marina Dinner the night that we were were in Bora Bora.  I posted information and pictures about that in the roll call section for the August 14,2019 cruise to The Society Islands and The Tuamotus, ( page 3 of the responses).  That dinner was one of the high points of our cruise.

Next year at this time we will be back on the PG.  We just HAD to go back for our fifth PG cruise and our eighth visit to FP.

Enjoy your cruise and anniversary.

Linda

6BEB73ED-6C58-42A0-806F-E9B9FE8A9DC8.png

2CB71185-2C27-46BB-881A-6190073D18C6.png

Hi Mermaid!

We arranged for the Vow Renewal through our travel agent when we first booked the cruise.  I don't remember how far in advance that was.  If you are working with a travel agent have him/her look into it for you, or you could contact Ponant directly, ( Ponant might also be able to answer your question about the timing of your ceremony in relation to the drift snorkling excursion. )  Whatever you plan to do, have a wonderful time on our cruise.  When are you going and what itinerary?

Linda

We are going on the 11 night Cooks itinerary.  The cruise leaves on October 28, 2023.  We are coming from the Boston area and allways plan a few days pre-cruise at the Tahiti Intercontenetal.  We need a few days to relax after the flights.  Our last cruise, for our 50th Anniversary,  was in late August.  The weather was beautiful!  We have never gone in October before - hoping for good weather then.

Linda

We are going to stay at the Tahiti Intercontinental too and are about to book it in the next couple of days! What room type would you recommend? Have you had dinner at Le Lotus before?  I We're thinking of eating there on our 30th wedding anniversary.

We're also going to spend a few nights in Fakarava.  It was one of our favourite stops on our last Paul Gauguin cruise nearly 11 years ago.  

We enjoy the Intercontinental.  We have stayed in a "Panoramic" room, which was nice, but the last three times we stayed in the newer " Motu Suite Overwater Bungalows".  They are great!  They have wonderful  views of Moorea and the decks are perfect places to read, have supper, or just relax.

We have had dinner at Le Lotus and it is a very romantic setting.  The food was very good and the ambience was lovely. 

Staying on Fakarava sounds like fun and a beautiful place to spend some quiet time.

Linda