CELEBRITY Covid testing. Help please

FeelingCruisy

First time going back on a cruise since COVID started. I am having trouble trying to figure out what type of pre -embarkation COVID test I require. We are all fully vaccinated and boosted. But I understand that you still need to get a negative COVID test prior to embarkation. But the COVID test that they recommend sounds a little strange. Here is the write-up from their website as an attachment.  Our cruise is 14 nights long. Does that mean I can actually go out and buy myself a test kit or use one of those free ones available in Canada and do it myself and then simply take a photograph? Sounds a little strange but what do I know. Can anyone who have sailed recently please confirm. Thank you.   

Screenshot_20221028-194225_Opera~2.jpg

Edited by FeelingCruisy

We haven't sailed since they changed the procedures but you are correct.  You can buy an over the counter test kit, test at the required time and show a dated photo of the negative result, or even take the negative test with you to show on embarkation. This could vary based on the cruise itinerary. 

3 minutes ago, FeelingCruisy said:

Basically, the honor system, that they are assuming you're not going to take a negative test 3 months before that and take a photograph of that or bring that test with you?

Correct.