What happens if I remove someone from my booking?

newtocruiseinblue

We are booked on a Mediterranean cruise for next summer. There are three of us but now a fourth may join and we would want to have 2 each in separate cabins. 

we booked last April and have a really great price and the always included because we booked so far in advance. Will my price or booking perks change if we remove the third person and she goes in a new cabin? 

Thank you!

2 hours ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

We are booked on a Mediterranean cruise for next summer. There are three of us but now a fourth may join and we would want to have 2 each in separate cabins. 

we booked last April and have a really great price and the always included because we booked so far in advance. Will my price or booking perks change if we remove the third person and she goes in a new cabin? 

Thank you!

I would advise calling in and seeing what they can do for you and how the price would shake out.

You may have to re-fare your booking to the current rate by removing the third person, but this isn't always the case.

I believe by removing the third person, you loose their deposit even if they are just moving to a new room (assuming you booked non-refundable).

It might be more advantageous to book that 4th passenger in a room by themselves and leave the third person on your reservation.  The 3rd can still sleep in the other room.  Just has to check into the room as the 3rd.  I think this is going to give you the best price, because the added cost for all included has gone up recently.

There's quite a few variables in this equation, so make sure you get a cost breakdown of each option before going through with your decision.

38 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

It might be more advantageous to book that 4th passenger in a room by themselves and leave the third person on your reservation. 

But won't that 4th guest incur the Single Supplement charge? Basically paying for two with a slight discount?

There's a lot of math to be done in figuring out the best scenario for sure! Pity this didn't happen sooner as Celebrity recently waived the Single Supplement charge on some cruises...(I snagged one of those for the Caribbean...)

As you said, best contact X to see what can be done...but one has to hope they get a competent agent...