Getaway Nov. 18 Port Canaveral - Sail Away Bonus! SpaceX Launch at 5:30!

Wedgie Wedgie

I was on the Getaway for a back to back in September.  Original launch date for Artemis was September 3.  I was really looking forward to it, but alas aborted.  I was really hoping that it would be rescheduled while we were in the vicinity - no dice.  I am thinking that would have been spectacular so I truly hope Space X is able to launch with no delays.

Good Luck!

Was lucky enough to see a launch last spring on a port day in PC.  Got there early enough to saddle-up to the rail on one of the loungers on the Haven sundeck.  It was awesome!  Hope you get to experience it.

4 hours ago, Wedgie Wedgie said:

The only way to sail away is with a real blast!

Praying for no delays or postpones due to weather.

If it stays on schedule there will be alot of launch watchers in the area, extra congestion near the port.

As a local it will be a cluster. I have done several launch viewings from there including a shuttle launch.

We had to be there 5 hours in advance.

Also expect the sailing to be delayed if the rocket is heading down south for an hour which is no big deal 

Allow extra time as people will park in the cruise garages just to watch the launch and head over to several restaurants for the afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

Artemis just updated:

NASA has requested backup launch opportunities for Wednesday, November 16, at 1:04 a.m. and Saturday, November 19, at 1:45 a.m., which are both two-hour launch windows. A launch on November 14 would result in a mission duration of about 25-and-a-half days with a splashdown in the Pacific Ocean Friday, December 9.

The Saturday early morning Artemis could give the 11/18 Getaway folks (me included) a double header launch with the Friday 5:30 Falcon for sail away and then the nightcap Artemis blastoff at sea!