Formal Nights

GT38

Yes they do , usually 2 on a 7 day cruise . 

The dress code is relaxed now , and you dont need to be dressed formally if you chose not to. This applies to caribbean cruises, not sure on med cruises.

3 hours ago, loman said:

The dress code is relaxed now , and you dont need to be dressed formally if you chose not to. This applies to caribbean cruises, not sure on med cruises.

Also experienced this month 1 Formal on a 4 Niter, 2 starting of 5 Niter and 3 of them on 13 Niters

Yes, we had 2 formal nights on a 6-night cruise, 3 formal nights on a 15-night cruise.  People didn't seem to get as dressed up as past cruises.  Yes, I saw men wearing shorts in the dining room.  I have seen men wearing shirts with a tuxedo print.  They have a dress code, but it's not enforced.  

4 hours ago, loman said:

Regardless of itinerary fleetwide for RCI.

18 hours ago, Ashland said:

Regardless of itinerary fleetwide for RCI.

Personally I think it is tailored and adapted more to the local market of the passengers rather than a blanket fleet decision.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest what people wear but it was clear in the cruise compass on Anthem sailing from Southampton in May that shorts were supposedly not to be worn in the MDR.

Although we are UK based it is also noticeable to us when sailing from the US that expectation and compliance of dress code (for want of a better word) seems considerably higher sailing from the North East than from Florida.

As I say it not something we bother about but we do notice inconsistencies across the fleet depending on where the ship is based.

Edited by Tin can

6 hours ago, Tin can said:

Personally I think it is tailored and adapted more to the local market of the passengers rather than a blanket fleet decision.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest what people wear but it was clear in the cruise compass on Anthem sailing from Southampton in May that shorts were supposedly not to be worn in the MDR.

Although we are UK based it is also noticeable to us when sailing from the US that expectation and compliance of dress code (for want of a better word) seems considerably higher sailing from the North East than from Florida.

As I say it not something we bother about but we do notice inconsistencies across the fleet depending on where the ship is based.

Perhaps you've had a different experience but even our July Arctic Circle the dress code was very relaxed as was our Panama Canal this month and of course the same for our Eastern and Southern Caribbean, Mexico & Alaska this year...Dress code suggestions seem to be a thing of the past especially since the start ups post covid.