Valiant Lady- Questions

conandrob240

Excited to try VV and this ship! 12/30/22 sailing.

Is the bed comfortable (Sea Terrace)? I’m concerned it’s not a quality mattress but instead some couch cushions made up with sheets.

what time of day 45 days out will dining open to book? Do I stay up past midnight? Do I need to wake up at 6am? Specific time would be most appreciated.

do I need reservations for brunch? If so, will I be allowed to book Wake for both Brunch and dinner? Or only one time for entire cruise?

any venue other than Wake have bottomless for $25?

what time does ship start to board? I got a 1:45pm arrival- is that the earliest or was I very late to the party and all the earlier times booked?

4 hours ago, conandrob240 said:

do I need reservations for brunch? If so, will I be allowed to book Wake for both Brunch and dinner? Or only one time for entire cruise?

You won't be able to make brunch reservations until you are on the ship.  We sailed in July on a half full ship and would never have needed reservations for brunch, but I can't say what it is like these days.  

• Like 1

bed is actually mattresses!  they are firm twin mattresses that are parallel.  i like firm mattresses, but i thought i saw you can request another mattress cover if it's too firm?  don't quote me on that!

45 days appears to be midnight eastern, but it might be a little slow in loading sometimes.  i'm on the west coast, so that's fine for me, but i can see how that is annoying if you're on the east coast/europe!

as rebeccac noted, brunch ressos only open up once you're checked in and on wifi.  you can make as many brunch ressos as you want between the wake and razzle dazzle, and those don't count towards your 1 per restaurant limit.  service can be a little long in both of these, so if you're planning to venture out in a port, i'd recommend room service or popping up to the galley for a quick breakfast.

i just got off but didn't think to double check - razzle dazzle also did bottomless brunch for $25. not sure if they still have it.  It was bloodys, mimosas, "razzle dazzle" which i think is basically a bellini with edible glitter, and maybe sparkling wine?

1:45 is on the earlier side.  no one actually gets on the ship until close to 2pm, but once you're checked in, you can log onto the wifi and start booking things in the app.

Just off 14 days on Valiant.  Yes, dinner reservations theoretically start at 8am EST....and when the app only lets you make them for the first night, you can call VV and they will make them for you for the entire cruise.  We had no problem changing reservations once on board.  You are allowed 1 dinner reservation per restaurant on cruises 5 nights or less, 3 per restaurant for longer cruises.  

Brunch--Wake and Razzle Dazzle.  Reservations only after boarding.  Both have bottomless brunch drinks.  

We had a 1:30 terminal arrival time, which was the earliest.  We were in a regular cabin (not Rockstar), and were in our cabin by 1:45.  Luggage arrived within minutes.  You are asked to not show up more than 30 minutes before your assigned time; on our cruise people who showed up earlier were sent to a local coffee shop or other location but were not permitted to "hang out" near the terminal. You will have access to the terminal and terminal wifi at your arrival, which lets you make reservations for brunch, activities, etc.

Edited by cantgetin

16 hours ago, conandrob240 said:

So helpful!!! Thank you so much!!

we only have Puerto Plata and Bimini as port stops and honestly could care less about either so leisurely brunch is perfect!

Bimini was an excellent beach resort probably my favorite 'private beach resort' for a cruise line, even though it's really a Resorts World resort. Super soft sand and a really shallow walk out into the water. I was a good 100 yards or so from the beach and was still able to touch the bottom. The food was so-so at the resort compared to the ship itself but I did enjoy the resort. We spent about 4 hours there and then returned to the ship. 

15 hours ago, conandrob240 said:

Thanks! Since it’s a New Years cruise and my husbands birthday is on NYE, I am mostly just trying to get Wake for NYE dinner. The rest I can just go with the flow.

The Wake has the classiest atmosphere, but we actually found that some of the other restaurants had better food.  The "secret steak" in Razzle Dazzle, the pork in Pink Agave, and everything in Extra Virgin were great.  My steak in The Wake was a bit overcooked and dry!

• Like 1

So, on a 8 night cruise we can book more than 1 time at the same restaurant?  I wonder why you can't book the Wake until onboard.  Odd but okay....and I just read a review on the SL and the OP said there is no forward view on the ship other than richards rooftop?  Taking notes for our January sailing   thanks 🙂