Magic Carpet Sky Suites - connecting cabin info

RoperDK

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, mickeysgal said:

I do believe on some floors some of those Magic Carpet cabins DO have interior connecting doors. If you pull up the floor plans, it’s clear some do, some don’t. The video posted a few responses up in this thread confirms it. 

Hi

having stayed in one of the end cabins in the MC the was no connecting door between the cabin next door. The set up is the same as an aft corner suite on the S class. The deck plans show connecting but that is only due to the hallway.
There is a door into the hallway and then each cabin has a separate door to enter the cabin. Each time we have been in these cabins the out door is left open so that there is no need to use your card other than to enter your cabin.

I suppose if a family were using both cabins the hallway door could be kept locked and the other cabin have their door kept open. 

Hope this helps 

Edited by swigso

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, swigso said:

Hi

having stayed in one of the end cabins in the MC the was no connecting door between the cabin next door. The set up is the same as an aft corner suite on the S class. The deck plans show connecting but that is only due to the hallway.
There is a door into the hallway and then each cabin has a separate door to enter the cabin. Each time we have been in these cabins the out door is left open so that there is no need to use your card other than to enter your cabin.

I suppose if a family were using both cabins the hallway door could be kept locked and the other cabin have their door kept open. 

Hope this helps 

If you look at the floor plan - each floor configuration seems to be different. It looks like you’ve stayed in a cabin with just a connecting door in the separate vestibule not interior to the cabin.  And the video above - he clearly says some cabins have interior connecting doors . I wonder also if it varies ship to ship.

Edited by mickeysgal