US Military Appreciation Program - 10% off in 2023 and beyond

Seas2mountains

I used ID.ME to verify my veteran status to NCL.  Once that is done, the application of the military discount is automatic.   I verified this by making two pretend bookings for the same cruise.  One I booked without log in.  The second, I booked after logging in.  There was a 10% difference in the cost with the after log in booking the cheaper of the two.

I'm still waitng to hear from my TA on whether she was able to apply the discount.  Unfortunately, the NCL website is showing the cabin category for my booked cruise as sold out.  So, I did a courtesy hold on a slightly different date which I can transfer to the TA tomorrow.  

7 hours ago, sailingships said:

It was easy to do the ID.ME thingy. i didnt have to give my SS# or service # only branch rank and any date during my service years. I got confirmation right away. Then you have to agree to give the info to NCL I booked today for January Paid the whole thing but got the 10%

My husband was in the Army for 5 years quite a few years ago.  He was honorably discharged.  Would he qualify for this discount or is it for active or retired service men and women only?

1 minute ago, taylortime05 said:

My husband was in the Army for 5 years quite a few years ago.  He was honorably discharged.  Would he qualify for this discount or is it for active or retired service men and women only?

He would qualify.  And so will you as his spouse.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I used ID.ME to verify my veteran status to NCL.  Once that is done, the application of the military discount is automatic.   I verified this by making two pretend bookings for the same cruise.  One I booked without log in.  The second, I booked after logging in.  There was a 10% difference in the cost with the after log in booking the cheaper of the two.

I'm still waitng to hear from my TA on whether she was able to apply the discount.  Unfortunately, the NCL website is showing the cabin category for my booked cruise as sold out.  So, I did a courtesy hold on a slightly different date which I can transfer to the TA tomorrow.  

DH and I both did this tonight.  We got the confirmation that we were both verified.  Did the same as you - a mock booking both when logged in and logged out.  Price was exactly the same.  I’m thinking it may take a little time for at least some of us to update.  In the meantime I have a call in to our guy to see about repricing two existing bookings.

11 hours ago, Russiamomm said:

DH and I both did this tonight.  We got the confirmation that we were both verified.  Did the same as you - a mock booking both when logged in and logged out.  Price was exactly the same.  I’m thinking it may take a little time for at least some of us to update.  In the meantime I have a call in to our guy to see about repricing two existing bookings.

Funny thing about that; same thing for us--we have an already booked 2023 Alaska cruise, and wanted to see how the pricing would be affected. I had verified I was added to the military program then went in and checked to see if the discount was being applied to the current price--no change. Logged out and planned to try again later, then not 5 minutes goes by and I get a call from a NCL PCC saying she was notified of my 'recent online search' and wanted to see if she could help. (ie, make a new sale). Anyway, asked her to check the new price and she was able to rebook with the discount right away. I just find it funny that the IT may be a little slow, but the sales department is on top of things! 😂

Edited by RussNJodi

Good news for me.  Heard back from my CAS guy.  He was able to apply the code to our April transatlantic!  Didn’t even have to rebook it.  He was able to just apply the code and reprice it.  That’s really good news because I had already used MC points to upgrade from an inside to a balcony.  I would have lost those points if they had to re-book.  Yeah!

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 2:01 PM, sailingships said:

It was easy to do the ID.ME thingy. i didnt have to give my SS# or service # only branch rank and any date during my service years. I got confirmation right away. Then you have to agree to give the info to NCL I booked today for January Paid the whole thing but got the 10%

I did my IDme two days ago and they DID ask for SSN.

34 minutes ago, DAVECHIPP1974 said:

Just got off the phone with NCL there is nothing they can do for my upcoming Jan. cruise because I already made final payment, they told me my next booking will have 10% off after I verify my military service.  

Thanks for the info.  You saved me a phone call.  I was going to try for our January cruise too.

• Like 1

I did my veteran's paperwork and asked my PCC if he could re-price my April 23 cruise.  He ran the numbers and the cost for our cabin had gone UP, so using the military discount would have cost $1000 more than the original booking!  Seems the discount applies to the CURRENT pricing.  This happened to be a 2 bedroom Haven cabin (which I see is now sold out), so YMMV.