Age Limit for Gymnasium

cloudydrms

I read on Carnival's website that a guest must be 16 yo to use the gym. My daughter, a mature 13 yo, runs on the treadmill every day at home. Do you think we'd be stopped going into the gym? Or, could she run on the track or is that right by the topless sunbathing area (I forget).

Thanks,

Cindy

I could be wrong but I thought I saw a sign posted that said under 16 with adult supervision.

On the valor the track was on the aft where the tail is/ shuffleboard/bball courts...not the topless deck..but then I'm not sure where it was(topless deck)...I never saw it.

We were on the Valor last December with our kids---boy-girl twins just shy of 17. Both are athletes who like to work out frequently, so I had our TA check with Carnival regarding their policies about the fitness center.

While I don't think that it is closely enforced, the bottom line is this:

Must be 16 to be in the gym/fitness center. Must have an adult along if under 18.

I went with my kids the first time and lounged in the hot tub while they did their thing. No one gave them a second glance and they went by themselves the rest of the cruise. Now, the fact that they were nearly 17 and looked and acted like well-behaved college kids probably helped. I don't know that a 13 year old would be as lucky. I don't remember seeing anyone in there who didn't look like they were at least in high school.

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

Not where I live. Recently 12 year olds were allowed to join with parent supervision. As they get older they have more privileges. This went into effect mostly because of the child obesity epidemic and the schools' lack of organized PE classes on a regular basis (like it USED to be).

On Princess and NCL my daughter was allowed to work out in the gym as long as she was with an adult. She was 11 one time and just 13 the other.

Typical rule of any gymn I've been to. No one under 16.

That really is a shame, but I understand the reasoning behind the rule. My DD truly does love to run.

Thanks for the info.

Cindy

On our recent Liberty cruise, DH used the gym almost every morning. He said there were lots of teens using the equipment and some were my daughter's age (12-13 year olds). They were all well-behaved and used the equipment for a reasonable amount of time (didn't hog them), and he said they didn't bother him one bit, and no one asked them to leave.

If I were you, I'd go with her the first time (maybe even the second time as well). The people who frequent the gym will most likely be the same group the entire cruise (it was that way on the Liberty anyway). If they see that your daughter is well-behaved and truly into running (not just playing around on the equipment to pass the time), I'm sure they would have no problems with her being there the remainder of the cruise without your supervision.

Good luck!

On our recent Liberty cruise, DH used the gym almost every morning. He said there were lots of teens using the equipment and some were my daughter's age (12-13 year olds). They were all well-behaved and used the equipment for a reasonable amount of time (didn't hog them), and he said they didn't bother him one bit, and no one asked them to leave.

If I were you, I'd go with her the first time (maybe even the second time as well). The people who frequent the gym will most likely be the same group the entire cruise (it was that way on the Liberty anyway). If they see that your daughter is well-behaved and truly into running (not just playing around on the equipment to pass the time), I'm sure they would have no problems with her being there the remainder of the cruise without your supervision.

Good luck!

Unfortunately, the well behaved kids get punished for the antics of ill mannered ones. It certainly isn't fair....but life seldom is in these situations. However, the rules are there for a reason. We aren't allowed to pick and choose which ones we want to obey. I would advise the OP's child run the track that has no age limit.

Archived