Quarantine Accommodation on Aurora

tring

We are thinking of booking a cruise on Aurora for next June. They may well get rid of quarantine accommodation by then, but we would not want to risk being booked in an area which may be used for that purpose.  Does anyone know if there is still quarantine accommodation on her and, if so, where it is?  Would be good to know where the quarantine zone was previously, even if not in place currently, as best avoided IMO.

Edited by tring

From other reports i believe passengers are quarantining in their own cabin now but I understand where you are coming from in choosing a cabin. 

We were quarantined in July and had cabin A194. We were the first cabin in a closed off corridor of isolation cabins.  We were the most forward of the run of around 10 -12 cabins so on that basis they probably went down to about A222. 

When we were disembarking (after all the other passengers had left the ship), there were other isolation passengers joining us from what appeared to be equivalent run of cabins on the starboard side - but that is supposition.  

I have no idea if other areas were used. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

From other reports i believe passengers are quarantining in their own cabin now but I understand where you are coming from in choosing a cabin. 

We were quarantined in July and had cabin A194. We were the first cabin in a closed off corridor of isolation cabins.  We were the most forward of the run of around 10 -12 cabins so on that basis they probably went down to about A222. 

When we were disembarking (after all the other passengers had left the ship), there were other isolation passengers joining us from what appeared to be equivalent run of cabins on the starboard side - but that is supposition.  

I have no idea if other areas were used. 

Thanks. A lot for the reply.  I had read comments about isolating in your own cabin if it had a balcony, but that they still moved other passengers to balconies, if possible.  I have no idea if that still stands though.  Interesting they used midship when others ship seemed to use rear cabins, though we were thinking the rear would be difficult for Aurora because of the tiered outside decks there.

We are on Aurora in a few days for a 28 nighter so can investigate a bit, but may not be able to get the full details.  We need an observed test to travel, so checks still in place at times.  Will update if I get any more info.

Barbara

2 hours ago, tring said:

Thanks. A lot for the reply.  I had read comments about isolating in your own cabin if it had a balcony, but that they still moved other passengers to balconies, if possible.  I have no idea if that still stands though.  Interesting they used midship when others ship seemed to use rear cabins, though we were thinking the rear would be difficult for Aurora because of the tiered outside decks there.

We are on Aurora in a few days for a 28 nighter so can investigate a bit, but may not be able to get the full details.  We need an observed test to travel, so checks still in place at times.  Will update if I get any more info.

Barbara

Glad to help. 

I think you have a very good point re using aft cabins and access to the tiered stern.  The corridor we were in was closed off at both ends so only crew accessed the area.  I think things may have changed on that score now but at that time we were very obviously being 'isolated' and the ship lay-out would determine which areas they considered suitable to achieve that. 

Anyway have a great trip on Aurora - looks a great itinerary.  We did something similar a few years ago and loved it.  Will be interested on any feedback though - we're booked on her again next year. Enjoy!

Edited by kruzseeka
  • Thanks 1