World Cup

Auroraborealis8

We were on the Epic during the 2014 World Cup and they had most matches showing on the H2O screen. They also had a large framed schedule on an easel near the bar in O'Sheehans, on which they updated the scores every day.

Most days there were different sets of fans, decked out in the national colours, making their way aft to see their team.

10 hours ago, Auroraborealis8 said:

Does anyone have any past experience of NCL showing World Cup games on board? DH has sowed some seeds of doubt that it will be shown on the Bliss when we sail at the beginning of December. 

Yes it will be on. Soccer is the most watched sport in the world

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Yes it will be on. Soccer is the most watched sport in the world

That is what I said! But he suggested that because it's so popular NCL may not have the (more expensive) channels that would show the matches. Sounds like from others that it has been shown in the past, so hopefully there is nothing to fear. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Auroraborealis8 said:

That is what I said! But he suggested that because it's so popular NCL may not have the (more expensive) channels that would show the matches. Sounds like from others that it has been shown in the past, so hopefully there is nothing to fear. 

90% of the sports I've seen on NCL ships are soccer from around the world. Lots of their crew members play. I remember having a pickup game with a half dozen passengers and about 2 dozen crew member on the BA. It was a good time