How Do I get my refund?

Kellyann

1 hour ago, Kellyann said:

What number did you use to call?  The only one I've ever seen is if you want to book a cruise.

Called the 1-800 number and the agent put me on hold to contact the Fun Shops and figure out what was going on. Waited for conformation, I doubled checked and confirmed the amount and she said all way good and they should be shipping. Still waiting. 

2 hours ago, Kellyann said:

It is a very telling statement that it "happened to us many times".  You have to wonder how many others have had their refunds ignored?  Not that CCL cares whether I cruise with them again, but I will bad mouth them as a company that has abhorrent business practices.  As I said in an earlier post, if you have a credit left on your final cruise day, spend it because you may not see that money again.

The many times is probably 10 times out of 63 cruises where our shore excursions were cancelled. They all were handled as I detailed. Would love to see your final sail & sign bill to see exactly what you are talking about. Redact as necessary. 

Jamman54, I don't know how to do what you're asking but I can give you a rundown of my sail & sign statement.  There was a credit of $100 for being a stock holder, there were 4 credits of $8.83, $20.00, $16.24 and $171.98 (shore excursion pre-sale and a port being cancelled) and in the minus column there was a charge of $116.00 gratutity and $.63 tax on drink at port.  We had cheers package. The last items on my final sail & sign showed a credit of $317.05 less charge of $117.71 left "Amount owed to (my full name) of $199.34.   The worse part is there is no way to discuss with a CCL rep.  I sent an e-mail to them praising the staff and they responded within days and even sent me $25 towards another cruise so I know they have live people working.

• Like 1

I'm having a similar problem with a refund for wifi that I cancelled because it was unusable.

We were on Freedom for Thanksgiving and I'd paid for our wifi ahead of time.  Now I know full well what to expect out of Carnival's wifi, it's never very good but always at least somewhat useful if you have patience.  This was totally useless, they were obviously having some internal problems because half the time I couldn't even connect to the Hub app.  After a day and a half of that I got Guest Services to cancel my wifi purchase, they said that since I'd pre-paid that they couldn't issue a credit on my sail-and-sign account but that I'd get a refund to the original form of payment in about two weeks.  

Well, so far no refund and no response to emails.  (The first email I sent got a reply a couple of weeks later telling me to contact a different department.)

Just a thought - it'd be great if there were a sticky thread at the top of the Carnival section with contact information for various customer service needs.

12 hours ago, groundloop said:

I'm having a similar problem with a refund for wifi that I cancelled because it was unusable.

We were on Freedom for Thanksgiving and I'd paid for our wifi ahead of time.  Now I know full well what to expect out of Carnival's wifi, it's never very good but always at least somewhat useful if you have patience.  This was totally useless, they were obviously having some internal problems because half the time I couldn't even connect to the Hub app.  After a day and a half of that I got Guest Services to cancel my wifi purchase, they said that since I'd pre-paid that they couldn't issue a credit on my sail-and-sign account but that I'd get a refund to the original form of payment in about two weeks.  

Well, so far no refund and no response to emails.  (The first email I sent got a reply a couple of weeks later telling me to contact a different department.)

Just a thought - it'd be great if there were a sticky thread at the top of the Carnival section with contact information for various customer service needs.

No need for a sticky thread my friend since they don't have "customer service";  and if they do, it's well hidden.  I do hope that others who have been similarly treated speak up so CCL cruisers know what to expect of their credit.