PSA: Splash Academy is back for 3 and 4 year olds

dcipjr

Just a quick note that on our Breakaway cruise last week, the Splash Academy staff told us that they are back in business for 3 and 4 year olds.

Our daughter is now 5, so she was able to go either way, but we've got an upcoming cruise in April where we'll be sailing with my niece and nephew, who are in the 3-4 age range, and it's great to know the Cousin Crew will all be able to go to Splash Academy together.

In terms of hours, I think they're about back to where they were before the pandemic. Our itinerary was a 7-day Canada and New England cruise out of NYC, so it was all port days aside for Day 7. Splash Academy was open 7 to 11 PM on days we were in port.

For a couple ports where we had a later arrival / departure, it was also open from 8 AM - 11 AM. And if memory serves, on the final sea day it was open 9 AM - 12 PM, 2 PM to 4 PM, and 7 PM to 11 PM.

DD had a great time and the staff was terrific.

• Thanks 1

Yes! 🙌 We went on NCL in June - and my son was 4 years old and could not participate. My daughter is 7 years old- and they had a cap of 40 kids for ages 5-12. It was chaos- we would line up 20 minutes early only to be turned away.  

Do you know if they got rid of their cap as well? Our next cruise is in Dec of this year! 

Thank you for this PSA! 

Thank you for this info! We are taking our first NCL cruise (Bliss) in January and I was wondering about this for my 4year old.

Do they mix the 3 and 4 year olds together? What's the ratio of staff to children? (we are going during school time so I imagine there won't be too many kids).

What's security like, i.e. How do the parents check in/check out? How does the staff communicate with parents if there is an issue?

Are they only open Sea days? (there's one port we may skip).

My son is in preschool now but I just was not sure how the splash academy worked.

Thanks for any input!

Edited by SuzieQ521

22 hours ago, SuzieQ521 said:

Thank you for this info! We are taking our first NCL cruise (Bliss) in January and I was wondering about this for my 4year old.

Do they mix the 3 and 4 year olds together? What's the ratio of staff to children? (we are going during school time so I imagine there won't be too many kids).

What's security like, i.e. How do the parents check in/check out? How does the staff communicate with parents if there is an issue?

Are they only open Sea days? (there's one port we may skip).

My son is in preschool now but I just was not sure how the splash academy worked.

Thanks for any input!

This link might be helpful https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2559

(precovid experience only) We have only experienced the turtle program-  we never see the inside of the kids area so i don't know for certain how many kids are there with how many people watching the kids. But it seems adequate as there's always 2 in the front desk area and more employees running around in the back.   You're given a buzzer and it'll buzz if you are needed.  There's a front area where you check-in your kids and check out your kids.  Only the parents and names on the list can check them out and they also need to have the passcode you came up with.

• Like 1