New to MSC. Aurea Experience Question.

surfjock27

We have been loyal to another line for a long time, but are interested in cruising the new Seascape, so I have been doing some looking around the site.
The Aurea experience interests us and I see one of the benefits is "Free access to the Top Exclusive Solarium."

Today an agent called me to say "hey I see you've been looking around the site, let me help you book!" I inquired about the Aurea Experience and what the "Free access to the Top Exclusive Solarium" means. They told me there is one private room we have access to on the Seascape that is all glass, in front of the ship on Deck 20. I asked if it was the Yacht Club Solarium (I think it's called Top 19), because that is what's showing on the deckplan, and she said no. When I was doing some research online, the "Top Exclusive Solarium" seems to be the Yacht Club."

Can someone explain to me what the "Free access to the Top Exclusive Solarium" is, if it's not the Yacht Club?
Thanks in advance. 

On the deck plans Top 19 is at the rear of the YC, either side of deck 19 in a U shape with the covered pool in between. Have a look on YouTube at videos of Seashore where you should find the Top 19 area. The TA has no idea what they are talking about.

Edited by sidari

29 minutes ago, sidari said:

On the deck plans Top 19 is at the rear of the YC, either side of deck 19 in a U shape with the covered pool in between. Have a look on YouTube at videos of Seashore where you should find the Top 19 area. The TA has no idea what they are talking about.

Thank you for this explanation. So, Top 19 is the Exclusive Solarium, but is different from the Yacht Club area? 

10 minutes ago, surfjock27 said:

Thank you for this explanation. So, Top 19 is the Exclusive Solarium, but is different from the Yacht Club area? 

Yes the YC is a totally separate area and only accessible by those staying in that area of the ship. The port side of the Aurea Deck 19 has the bar and covered seating areas.

9 minutes ago, surfjock27 said:

Correct.. Top 19 is not part of the Yacht Club.

Top 19 Exclusive Solarium is the sun deck area reserved for Aurea passengers.

Located on deck on both sides of the retractable roof. Aurea Bar is on the deck plan in the upper left corner.

Access to Top 19 Exclusive Solarium is via cruise card for Aurea passengers only.

Top 19 is usually very quiet and less passengers than sun deck area on main pool(s).

DC488203-5408-4E2E-8053-D06F15A08948.thumb.jpeg.6d54b93e4af1ce63f8e193d2134a7a8b.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SirWolf said:

Top 19 Exclusive Solarium is the sun deck area reserved for Aurea passengers.

Located on deck on both sides of the retractable roof. Aurea Bar is on the deck plan in the upper left corner.

Access to Top 19 Exclusive Solarium is via cruise card for Aurea passengers only.

Yacht Club guests can wander into that area, too. 😁

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Yacht Club guests can wander into that area, too. 😁

You anticipated my question. Exactly what I was going to ask. Previous poster made it sound as though access is available to Aurea pax ONLY. 

2 hours ago, Bgwest said:

You anticipated my question. Exactly what I was going to ask. Previous poster made it sound as though access is available to Aurea pax ONLY. 

YC cruise cards didn’t worked for access to Aurea Top 19 Solarium on MSC Grandiosa, MSC Belissima, MSC Meraviglia and MSC Seaview.

We tried it while wandering around and exploring.

We took the photos posted above during a Med cruise on MSC Seashore in Aurea category.

We never entered Aurea Top 19 when sailing in Yacht Club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirWolf said:

We tried it while wandering around and exploring.

We took the photos posted above during a Med cruise on MSC Seashore in Aurea category.

3 out of 4 of ours worked on Seashore. I didn't stay long or order anything at the bar. I was just taking pictures on a sea day. Strangely, my card didn't work to access the Yacht Club but my wristband did work.....MSC tech. 

31 minutes ago, gatorima said:

Is there a spot for Aurea passengers on Ocean Cay? If so, what is it like?

Considering bidding on upgrade from a midship balcony on Seascape. Thanks!

No, Aurea guests become part of the general population.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gatorima said:

We are on the first sailing out of Miami, Dec. 11

We are on 2nd sailing. I saw the bidding email but I'm curious if anyone who bid has heard back (there's actually still a good number of Aurea balconies on our sailing available to book) I'm wondering if they can accept any until they officially take procession of the ship. It still has 2 days before its done. Anyone on inuragal cruise or yours hopefully will tell us if any bids have been accepted.