Help using shore excursion credit

kayjaypea42

Hello all! Has anyone had experience with booking an excursion for only one person in a multi-person party? I'd like to book an excursion for a single person in a party of 3, but that person is not the primary passenger. How do I get the $50 credit to be applied? Online, it looks like it will only be applied for the primary passenger. Does the name on the ticket matter? (If it's dependent on which excursion, I'm specifically talking about either Chankanaab or Playa Mia -- haven't decided on which yet.) Thanks!

Edited by kayjaypea42

Unfortunately this is another example where the "offer" doesn't exactly line up with the terms and conditions. Yes, on the front page it says "$50 per stateroom," but in the T&Cs you find out that it is only applied to the primary guest and not applicable to anyone else.

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

image.png.e1c05e96554122a9f3b504ee9ab1dd9a.png

• Like 1

IMHO it is going to take you more time to find out than an arbitrary $50 is worth. If you do a quick google of the port location and description of the excursion you will have a good chance of finding the company behind the scenes that is actually running the trip. it will often be cheaper than NCL is offering as there is no middle man trying to take a cut, and may also be a better trip overall. you will want to do your own research to ensure that it is infact a reputable company and seems as though it is the same excursion being offered by NCL, but I have had a lot of luck where it is clearly the same pictures even as offered by NCL and clearly the company.

The alternative is spending a long time on hold to try and connect with a customer rep and try to switch the guest order. will the new guest be over 25? is the new guest able to be responsible to make any necessary changes or take care of billing concerns if necessary? all things you will need to determine.