Pre-boarding antigen test ?

roodoog

Can somebody tell me what the policy is now. 
We sail from Valencia to Dubai 25nov22.
In the App it says no test required but when you call they say its a repositioning cruise and you have to have a antigen test no older then 48 hours.
I cannot find this anywhere on the Costa site.
Should we take the risk and don't have the test?

For your cruise

Countless activities, shows and nightlife await you on board. Unique day trips ashore thanks to our Costa Tours, with new tours added, alternatively you can also go ashore independently. And what about the spa? Massages, pools with thalassotherapy, and every form of wellness treatment.

Discover everything you need to know for your upcoming cruise.

Before Departure

FAQS ON VACCINES AND PRE-BOARDING TESTS

Antigen Test 48 hours before departure

covid-test.svg

From 8 October 2022, all guests who are under the age of five or immunized against Covid-19 will no longer be required to take a pre-boarding antigen test for cruises in the Mediterranean, the Caribbean and the United Arab Emirates.

Covid insurance

note.svg

It is no longer necessary to have Covid insurance in order to board. However we recommend purchasing one for additional security.

Optional travel insurance should cover the following risks associated with testing positive for COVID-19, which could otherwise result in costs to you: medical and hospital expenses, expenses for extending your stay (board and lodging) on shore for quarantine, expenses for returning home (including by protected means for people who have tested positive or have come into close contact with others who have), refund of the booking fee for disruption to their cruise.

Web Check-in

note.svg

Up to 10 days before boarding, you can download your boarding pass and tickets by filling out a simple questionnaire on MyCosta regarding your health.

On board

FAQS ON TESTS DURING THE CRUISE

Covid Antigen Test

covid-test.svg

During your vacation you will not have to take an antigen test midway through the cruise, nor have your temperature taken daily.

There is an exception to this rule for stopovers in St. Maarten and St. Vincent in the Caribbean.

Life on board

deckplan.svg

In the restaurants and bars, buffets, theater, spa, night clubs, and stores will be like before as protocols adopted ashore, with no limit on the number of people who can occupy the space.

Masks

shell.svg

Surgical masks are recommended but no longer obligatory .

They remain obligatory for the first seven days of travel for Transoceanic and World Tour cruises.

During land experiences

Going ashore

map.svg

Discover a new place everyday: you can go ashore independently or you can opt to do so on one of our Costa Tours, accompanied by an exceptional guide.
Guests will need to verify the entry requirements for each country that will be visited during the cruise for Vaccination or recovery validity as well as if any antigen test is required.

More information

FAQ ON POSITIVE COVID CASES

Positive cases

shell.svg

What happens if there are guests with Covid on board?

I am boarding in Barcelona to Dubai and will not be getting a test. I booked directly with Costa UK and that's the info i have copied from their UK site. I did a med cruise with Costa about a month ago and you did need the test then. It may be different rules depending which country you are from. On their site the rules are just below the search option on the main page, that part of the page scrolls right to left and the protocols about testing are there. 

I am also booked on this cruise and was told that indeed antigen tests were needed.  I found this online from Costa Cruises parent company,  the Carnival Corporation website:

As of October 8th, on Costa cruises in the Mediterranean, the Caribbean and the United Arab Emirates, fully vaccinated guests will be able to embark without any further tests.

Costa Around-the-World, transatlantic cruises, and generally all cruises longer than 14 nights, require guests to be fully vaccinated and take an antigen test with a negative result within 48 hours of embarkation time.”

Edited by gennadi
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, gennadi said:

As of October 8th, on Costa cruises in the Mediterranean, the Caribbean and the United Arab Emirates, fully vaccinated guests will be able to embark without any further tests.

Costa Around-the-World, transatlantic cruises, and generally all cruises longer than 14 nights, require guests to be fully vaccinated and take an antigen test with a negative result within 48 hours of embarkation time.”

Not happy, booked on the Around the World cruise. Would be nice to be able to board and just quarantine for 2 weeks and get on with your life. Had it this summer and was not able to get on RCCL but that was just one week so ok. Was really surprised to test positive, was just like a cold and not even a bad one.

Edited by BVILady