Scarlet Lady schedule issues Nov 6-11 sailing due to TS Nicole

FFMilesJunkie

Thanks to the late season Tropical Storm Nicole, our schedule has been put in disarray. Instead of yesterday being Cozumel, the captain sailed us to Costa Maya with the anticipation that we would pick up Cozumel today. Bimini was cancelled. Yesterday at Costa Maya was good. The crew did an incredible job to load new excursions into the app by around 3pm on our sailing day and they quickly sold out. Well we arrived in Cozumel this morning and because of the schedule change we don’t have a berth so need to rely on tendering. Unfortunately the seas are too rough and we are about to pull up anchor and sail back East. Not sure what we are going to do for the next couple days. Key West and Bimini are probably out due to the storm so might just end up with a 2 day slow sail back to Miami. A lot of disappointment on board but Ship Happens and we are making the most of it.  

By the way, there are 1700 on this cruise. 2,000 on the previous cruise and 2,100 on the next cruise. I think the $300 bar tab promo worked like a charm. I wouldn’t be surprised if the $300 bar tab becomes permanent in the future of course off set by an increase in fares by that same $300+! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FFMilesJunkie said:

By the way, there are 1700 on this cruise. 2,000 on the previous cruise and 2,100 on the next cruise. I think the $300 bar tab promo worked like a charm. I wouldn’t be surprised if the $300 bar tab becomes permanent in the future of course off set by an increase in fares by that same $300+

I was actually thinking this while I was on a couple weeks ago with a bunch of sailor loot from MNVV offers (and a couple upcoming voyages next month with $1k+ loot on each!).  They've increased their prices every so often, then added regular sales and sailor loot deals. For reference, my initial booking was for Richard's Bday in 2019, and an XL Sea Terrace was ~$5k, so VV was by no means intended to be a budget line hah.

My guess is they're getting people used to seeing the higher prices, adding perks like a ton of sailor loot, and will slowly wean folks up to the higher fare rates while reducing the extra perk offers.

The Captain just came on and said we have been cleared to dock at Key West tomorrow morning. Great job by VV to adjust on the fly and recover from things that were out of their control. Kudos to the staff on board to continually adjust the schedules. I’m sure there are many who are disappointed we didn’t get the cruise we signed up for but I think it’s a good sign they they are able to pull strings and make on the fly adjustments that can’t be easy with all the clearances needed to dock. 

• Like 2