Early ?? about Baltic and St Petersburg

I know this is VERY early to ask about this but I want to get a head start in the " research dep't" and would like to secure a booking as soon as the HAL schedule for 2008 is available.

Our 50th wedding anniversary will be in Sept 2008. We love HAL and would like to celebrate this event with a Baltic cruise aboard a HAL ship. May I tap into the wonderful knowledge base on this board by asking a few of questions?

Is there a "best time" to take this cruise? ( closest to Sept would be great)

Past cruisers reccommendations for which ship to consider would be helpful.

(we prefer the smaller to mid size)

Is there a "preferred itinerary?

Any comments on St Petersburg, tours etc?

Has anyone done the B to B Transatlantic/Baltic?, I believe it is a spring sailing from New York.

Hope I am not imposing with all these questions but I want this one to be as perfect as possible for obvious reasons --- 50yrs is pretty special.

Thank you in advance for any help and advise.

Congratulations on your 50th even if it isn't until 2008...

You will find so much information on this board by doing a search.

When I was researching for our current cruise to the Baltics I came across a great thread by host Doug on the HAL board. Can't locate the thread but he did send me his review when I sent him an email. His email is on the HAL board. I'm sure there are others who have or will be doing the Baltics who can respond as well.

We decided on Princess for our cruise but I have to say the Amsterdam and Rotterdam itineraries looked very good too.

Have fun planning your cruise.

Julia

Travelbug2:

Congratulations. Our 50th is in May 2008. We are planning to book a mini or full suite on the 29 day Sapphire Princess Sydney to Los Angeles cruise, with a pre-cruise tour of Australia. We also intend to renew our vows on this cruise. Hopefully, the bookings will open this June so we'll have first selection of cabins.

We are on the July 1st Constellation Baltic/Russia cruise and the October Sapphire Princess China Far/East cruise/tour.

Ellis

Travelbug2:

Congratulations. Our 50th is in May 2008. We are planning to book a mini or full suite on the 29 day Sapphire Princess Sydney to Los Angeles cruise, with a pre-cruise tour of Australia. We also intend to renew our vows on this cruise. Hopefully, the bookings will open this June so we'll have first selection of cabins.

We are on the July 1st Constellation Baltic/Russia cruise and the October Sapphire Princess China Far/East cruise/tour.

Ellis

Congrats to you also, 1958 was indeed a good year!

Where can I get info' on the renewal of vows? it sounds like a nice thing to do.

PS, Did you have any connection with "Meyers Jewellers" in Florida?

Travelbug 2:

No relation to Meyers Jewelers.

Just call your travel agent or Captains Club and ask for package #606 Renewal of Vows

This package includes:

A renewal of vows ceremony

Orchard bouquet and boutonniere for ceremony

Commemorative certificate for "renewal of vows" signed by the Captain

One bottle of champagne in your stateroom

Two Princess engraved souvenir champagne glasses

A framed portrait of the ceremony.

The cost of this package is $205 per couple. This package is so popular that it was raised from $140 in the past year.

There is another package #607 which costs $485 per couple which includes the above plus goodies such as Champagne breakfast in bed, Two Princess robes, Free Spa visits, Canapes or petits fours in your stateroom every evening, ETC.

Ellis

Archived