Self-disembarkation with luggage in Charleston (Sunshine) question

Zhaan

We're cruising out of Charleston on the Sunshine and we are driving to the port. We prefer to self-walk off with our luggage for disembarkation. Since Charleston requires a shuttle from the ship to get back to our car, can you self-disembark with your luggage and are they able to put your luggage on the shuttle to transfer you to your car? Thanks!

Yes, they have shuttles waiting with large trailers connected to them for the luggage. If you can handle the walk you can just skip the shuttle and walk directly to your car, which is what we usually do. It's quicker then waiting to load luggage then boarding the shuttle, then waiting for them to unload the luggage at your stop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Oletruckdude said:

Yes, they have shuttles waiting with large trailers connected to them for the luggage. If you can handle the walk you can just skip the shuttle and walk directly to your car, which is what we usually do. It's quicker then waiting to load luggage then boarding the shuttle, then waiting for them to unload the luggage at your stop.

How far is the walk? I always do self assist and will be sailing from Charleston next year and parking at the port,

11 minutes ago, Megan_Strick said:

How far is the walk? I always do self assist and will be sailing from Charleston next year and parking at the port,

Farther than it looks due to the port buildings/fences in the way. I’m not good at judging distances. Probably an 8 minute walk depending on where in the lot you parked.

2 hours ago, Megan_Strick said:

It depends on where they park you. There are several large buildings they park guests inside which are approx quarter mile walk from the ship. Then there is an outside parking lot very close to the ship.

Handicap parking is right up front near the ship.

• Like 1