Hideaway Power Boats & Beach Escape

flyingpirate

The conditions post-Wilma are even better. They are using a different beach that is nice, white sand and a larger beach area. I love doing this tour! I saw a sea turtle and a dolphin last week when I was out on it.

• 3 weeks later...
This excursion is offered by NCl at Cozumel.

They are 2 person power boats off the north end,you scoot around for a while and end at a beach with a Mexican grill buffet.

Has anyone done this, it looks like fun :D

We did this through RCI in March and it was a great boat ride (a little rough) and very good lunch. A couple of drawbacks...no bathroom and no chairs on the beach. They said that umbrellas would be out for us, but when we got to the beach, there were no umbrellas. It was windy when we went and the sand was blowing in our food and drinks. Other than that very cool.

We did this about a year and a half ago and it was fabulous. The guide leads the way and tells you to follow him and you have to go single file. He zips in and out and it was a lot of fun.

We got to the beach and they had lunch ready. It was really good. DH and our friends played volleyball with some others but I just relaxed on a blanket that they provided under an umbrella. I think our break was an hour or so.

The only drawback, like a PP said, is there is no real restroom. There is this outdoor receptacle that you can go on (not a Porta Potty). Make sure you announce you are coming because there are no doors! It wasn't a big deal though and I've defintely been in worse situations in the woods camping!

We switched drivers on the way back. The ride back wasn't as long because they didn't zip us in or out as much. That might help decide who is going to drive first.

Have fun! I'd defintely recommend this and do it again myself sometime.

Mel

Anticipating RCI Majesty of the Seas June/2006

Anticipating RCI Rhapsody of the Seas December/2006

Sailed Carnival Ecstasy November/2004

• 3 weeks later...

Archived