FCC with 25% incremental Bonus expiring and original credit LESS??

inghilch

Hi,  Wondering if anyone else has experience with this.    Sailing April 2020 cancelled during Covid for our party of 8.   Took the 125% credit from the original booking.   Received an email on 11/10 saying 25% incremental bonus expiring end of 2022 unless a new booking is make.   Call RCC and find out ALL 8 FCC credits are LESS than the original emails from RCC.   Made several subsequent calls to RCC one seems to know.   Has this happened to anyone else?   

Thanks!!!

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

Taxes and fees get refunded to your credit card, so they are not part of the FCC.  Could that be the difference?

I'll have to see if I can somehow find the original booking amount.   I'm going by the email RCC sent me and evidently because the booking was through a 3rd party, they wont discuss financials.   Round and round I go.

7 hours ago, Cigar King said:

Taxes and fees get refunded to your credit card, so they are not part of the FCC.  Could that be the difference?

Yup, Common issue people forget that Taxes/Fees refunded. Then if multiple Passengers FCC assigned to each usually not all in same amounts. Was busy keeping track of 2 Dozen Canceled Cruises, what was Canceled/Refunded or FCC and what was applied and reapplied to new Bookings. Had quite a chart going, all finally used up by last month. Was VERY lucky in the end after having issue with 2 FCC issued before CV would/had expired. After a Call to a Rep couldnt help a few months ago Emailed Royal Head Office on a Sat nite. Response by Noon Mon reissued AND also offer asking if I wanted them combine and apply all my FCC's to pay off 6 Cruises. Yes! Thank you! Saved me hrs on the phone with a Rep 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, inghilch said:

I'll have to see if I can somehow find the original booking amount.   

Seems like that would be a good number to know if you’re attempting to confirm proper FCC. 

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yup, Common issue people forget that Taxes/Fees refunded. Then if multiple Passengers FCC assigned to each usually not all in same amounts. Was busy keeping track of 2 Dozen Canceled Cruises, what was Canceled/Refunded or FCC and what was applied and reapplied to new Bookings. Had quite a chart going, all finally used up by last month. Was VERY lucky in the end after having issue with 2 FCC issued before CV would/had expired. After a Call to a Rep couldnt help a few months ago Emailed Royal Head Office on a Sat nite. Response by Noon Mon reissued AND also offer asking if I wanted them combine and apply all my FCC's to pay off 6 Cruises. Yes! Thank you! Saved me hrs on the phone with a Rep 

That’s helpful when you get the right person.  Its all very confusing because some of the credits are for children and one of the credits is for a grandparent that passed and I was told I needed a document from a lawyer naming myself as executor to use the credit.  The lawyer of course would charge a fee.   Anyway lesson learned.  Next time I’m taking the $$ back.